New Swaro 56mm Spotters ATC/STC

I had the Kowa 554 for a season, I liked it until I needed that extra little umph at last light glassing a couple big bucks. Immediately sold it when I got home and went to the STM 65HD w/ 25-50x wide angle eye piece. This setup solved my issue that I had w/ the Kowa. The STM 65 setup is about 45oz all in.

This new STC is tempting to try to push the limit again on weight, but for a 11oz savings, will it do what I ask of it when I need it most? Would love to see clarity and low light comparisons btwn the STS/STM 65HD w 25-50x eyepiece at 40x vs the STC. If the STC has dramatically increased clarity and better FOV, it could be worth it. If not then I think for 11oz more I would still take the STM for extra light when I need it.

Can’t wait to see your review [mention]robby denning [/mention]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interested in this test case as well.

Tayson W

FNG
Rob, we are counting on you for some good testing! It's fairly easy to see that it's better in FOV and eye relief, but we really need you guys to get it out there in some fading light situations and let us all know how they compare (Kowa to Swaro)! I have a hard time believing Swaro would have released this scope if it wasn't THE best in class. Their whole brand is centered around that...Please get back to us so I know whether I need to change my swaro pre-order to a Kowa order :) Sooner the better as I could get the Kowa before my hunts still! I've been waiting for the Swaro release all summer...

Matt G.

WKR
Rob, we are counting on you for some good testing! It's fairly easy to see that it's better in FOV and eye relief, but we really need you guys to get it out there in some fading light situations and let us all know how they compare (Kowa to Swaro)! I have a hard time believing Swaro would have released this scope if it wasn't THE best in class. Their whole brand is centered around that...Please get back to us so I know whether I need to change my swaro pre-order to a Kowa order :) Sooner the better as I could get the Kowa before my hunts still! I've been waiting for the Swaro release all summer...
i would also throw in the swaro ats 65 in this comparison since it seems to be the bench mark for weight size comparison.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
i would assume that this spotter is exactly that. “immersive”. at least in its weight class. just like the nl did with its smaller objective somehow i bet the c does as well.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
It's definitely more comfortable to look through than the small kowa. I have a sts and stx 65 and would put the stc in the stx category as far as comfort to look through. I didn't get long to spend with it but I was impressed.

atmat

WKR
I’m not sure I totally understand this product. It’s very costly for objective size and magnification. Is the eye piece that much improved over the S series? Is Swaro justifying the cost by the ounces saved?

Ronb

WKR
Hey Ryan, I bought your Kowa and your Swaro 8x42 range binos. When you buy/ then sell the new swaro scope. Could you just message me directly I love buying your hand-me-down optics. They were both great buys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know if this spotter uses the same objective glass as the slc 15x56 binos? Or perhaps swaro will be putting out new 15s with the glass they are using in this?

@robby denning when is the swaro vs kowa review?
look for the swaro 65 vs kowa 66 I did sometime back if you want to know how this will go, this fov thing is interesting, if you actually spend time looking or game in a spotter then ok, not thinking 55mm class would be for those guys, most do that with binos and use spotter for judging, need to properly weight these categories, the kowa will out resolve with most accurate representation of the scene for judging victory over the swaro (for half the price)...the swaro will give some other warm and fuzzies

JAM7

FNG
Anyone get one of these out in the woods yet? Would love to see some user reviews.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,
We have been using the STC for a couple weeks now. Steve has had quite a bit of time in the field and we have also been testing here in our office. We are planning a long range test later this week that will include the STC, the ATS 65 w/ 25-50x, the Kowa 553 and the kowa 77mm. Should have a blog and video posted by the end of the week. I have been looking around for reviews and there is nothing of substance out there. You can count on our honest take in this comparison.

wyosteve

WKR
Looking forward to the review. Was gonna order one but after looking at my Leupold with the 56mm objective, a spotter that size seems awfully small. Decided I’d wait for real world impressions!

JAM7

FNG
Hey guys,
We have been using the STC for a couple weeks now. Steve has had quite a bit of time in the field and we have also been testing here in our office. We are planning a long range test later this week that will include the STC, the ATS 65 w/ 25-50x, the Kowa 553 and the kowa 77mm. Should have a blog and video posted by the end of the week. I have been looking around for reviews and there is nothing of substance out there. You can count on our honest take in this comparison.
Great, thank you for the quick response!

PHo

WKR
Hey guys,
Yes please! Really happy you’re including the Kowa 77mm in this comparison. If the STC compares favorably I may have to do a trade with my 773.

RazeRob

FNG
I am interested to see how it comparts to atx 65. The comparison to the ats 65 will be interesting.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Another comparison of interest might be the Leupold Gold Ring 12-40x60HD at 37 oz. Not much love for it here but as a glasses wearer the 30mm eye relief is sure great.

atmat

WKR
Another comparison of interest might be the Leupold Gold Ring 12-40x60HD at 37 oz. Not much love for it here but as a glasses wearer the 30mm eye relief is sure great.
I think it’s a very underrated spotter. I still like my ATS65 more, that little GR is easy to sit behind.