73cdeb1333700a857dcd4527f2934d2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronb

WKR
No tripod atachment

Matt G.

WKR
The biggest complaint with the Kowa was the FOV which you will gain over 50 ft and eye relief which is 20 mm vs 16 on the kowa. They just solved the two biggest complaints. Is it worth paying the premium, you will need to decide....

Ronb

WKR
All you gotta do is turn the power down to 40, and there you go! Better eye relief and field of view. Its not rocket science.

Last edited:

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We did get some time with these earlier this week. Exactly what they say they are. Optically they seem to be as good as the TSN-550's but Swarovski focused on the eye piece. Its very comfortable, even if its not as good optically as the Kowa, and it will be close if not better, this will better for guys who like to spend more time under the spotter. We will be getting a demo in the next couple weeks, and we'll be testing the heck out of it.

We do expect to start shipping these in October, and first orders in will be the first out.

Makes for a cheaper option to do a decent set of big eyes for someone wanting that...although swaro already has the BTX modular system, so its kind of a moot point...

Could you use two of them side by side for some "light weight" high power binos?
I'm gonna say no because you typically need a straight spotter with an offset eyepiece so you can micro adjust your IPD. Where the eyepiece is inline with the body it'd be really hard to do.

Also, who TF uses a spotting scope without a tripod? why is that even an option lmao

I'm gonna say no because you typically need a straight spotter with an offset eyepiece so you can micro adjust your IPD. Where the eyepiece is inline with the body it'd be really hard to do.

Also, who TF uses a spotting scope without a tripod? why is that even an option lmao
I get lazy and leave the tripod a lot. Last sheep hunt didn’t bring it. Some rocks or my packs works well enough

Anybody know if the ATC body will rotate like the ATS 65? Or is it fixed?

My ATS 65 is 57 oz (field ready). Would love to drop some weight, but need the body to rotate in certain scenarios. (The straight body spotters hurt my neck after a while)

I love the idea but for you sheep guys is 40x enough to count rings?

Depends, not for me though. I want a 60x minimum in BC for stone. I also constantly use the rotating function. Multiple times during our 15 day hunt this year a judgement call to chase 3km away required 60x power on the 65 ATS.

I know some guys will hunt with this. The 65 ATS though for price, weight, functionality twisting, and a 60x power does everything a sheep hunter needs. It certainly isn’t the best at all of the categories but it checks all the boxes. I can imagine 90% of sheep hunters are in the 65mm camp. With 5% going crazy light and 5% going with the 95’s. I’m in the 95 camp personally.

I’ll probably be grabbing this though next year. It solves my problem when I ask if I really want to bring a spotter. Now I’ll have a featherweight tripod and this. No more questioning it. Hunts for elk, moose, deer, and caribou where I just care if he’s legal because of tine points.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP