New suppressor

OP
R

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Talked to my local dealer and based partially on his knowledge I ordered a raptor 6. I have had for about a year and a half one other suppressor, a Lane scorpion king. Haven’t had much for complaints about it but did notice a leak like above but didn’t think a lot about it as it’s the only suppressor I’ve been around. There are a lot of people that like the TBAC and maybe I should have chosen that, I do think you might be paying some extra for the brand name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
Sorry I missed your question. I just finalized a transaction with Lane for them to buy the suppressor back through a Form 4 transfer. The suppressor had a severe gas leak from the joint between the rear cap and the tube. After I discovered the defect in my suppressor (on the first day I shot it) I got in touch with 4 other people that I knew owned those suppressors. Sorry to say that I discovered that those gentlemen owned 7 Lane suppressors..........and every one of them leaks in the exact same place mine did. I want to be clear that I have no desire to harm their business, but they are continuing to make and sell a product that has a significant defect. If you would like to know how to test yours send me a PM.
I'd have sent that to ECCO machine for a recore and had him put good baffles in it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I am looking to get a suppressor. I am trying to decide between a tbac ultra 5 and a lane scorpion 6.5. The lane is 2/3 of the $ and is made somewhat locally. The tbac is lighter and more compact. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both of them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I met Ray Sanchez at a shoot and he let me demo TBAC7 with 300 Norma on some high end bolt action sniper rifle. (I think it's same one he uses in his videos). I don't know where the sound went.
I have shot a lot of cans and I felt TBAC7 was hearing safe for the 2-3 rounds a hunter would fire in open country.
I asked Ray for my winchester Model 70 30-06 180grain, should I do Ultra7 or Ultra9, he said Ultra7 if I was packing into the woods. If a stand, either, but Ultra9 would be marginally better choice. He seemed really proud of the Ultra7 and after listening to about 15 people shoot it with that big Norma round, I have to agree.

I have a SiCo Hybrid which I really like but it's really heavy on the 22" barrel Model 70. Really throws off the balance and I can only shoot accuratly with some support. While the Hybrid takes a massive amount of recoil impulse away, it's not hearing safe, but I also no longer flinch. It feels like 30-30 Model 94 recoil.

One last comment based on my Hybrid experience, I'd get the 30 cal can if you ever think you will shoot that larger bore. I found with my Hybrid the difference between the 30 cal and 46 cal end piece, is really not a lot of difference in suppression. I'll wager 6.5 to 30 cal might be about the same difference.

In general they are all less efficient than a baffle stack. Id say they do, check out pewscience.com they didn't test the ultra 7 but comparing the ultra 9 to the l-ti, the l-ti metered quieter at the ear than the ultra 9. I don't know why those results wouldn't carry down to the ultra 7 vs the s-ti. they also have the no bs warranty and youre saving about 350 bones.
Comparing 9mm 147 monocore, vs baffle stack, on monocore, first round pop (FRP) can be brutal, my estimate is 75% of unsuppressed, enough to cause hearing damage. Subsequent rounds are suppressed reasonably well and are hearing safe. I was told this is the oxygen being burned on FRP, subsequent rounds don't have this, unless there's long delay.
Bafflestack is all about the same. No FRP.