New Solo Bowhunter.. Idaho Elk help please

Hey everyone, I had a taste of my first success in Utah on a cow elk with a guide I was with a few weeks ago. I am mostly interested in hunting for harvesting quality meat. I am not too far from idaho, and was trying to start planning my first solo elk hunt for next year if im lucky enough to score a tag and figured this would be a good place to start.

I'm not asking for anyone's honey holes, but if anyone is willing to help a passionate new bowhunter on any advise on where to backpack hunt 20-30 miles to hopefully come across any elk for the 2025 season. Please let me know thanks!

I could use some help in knowing what trailhead to start/park to get into an area since I drive a regular car no good clearance.. ha.

I know this may be asking a lot, but if anyone is willing to help please hit me up thanks!

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
Idaho elk are doing amazing right. Pick any of the front range units and pick a trail. There will be elk. They are everywhere.

Always remember to use your peep sight when you draw back. I missed a 20+ inch fork n horn because I had buck fever… that will never happen again. I don’t have any recommendations for units in Idaho…. I live/hunt in California. Good luck on your trip.