New Sevr Hybrid

bhtkevin

FNG
Get some dental bands off Amazon. No problem. Seems to be what rocket sold them with originally. I'm still running miniblasters. I will be sad when I run out. I'm not a western hunter, but I would say I see 75% of the whitetails I've shot with the miniblasters die within sight.
Thanks will try them on some hogs. I have sidewinders because I ran out of miniblasters.

TheTone

WKR
They look like a great head and I’ve been impressed with what a friend of mine has seen with the 2inch. The new dull tip is a little bit of an odd choice to me and something I don’t love the idea of

Elkangle

WKR
Watched the hyvrid put a bull down in about 40 yards on a dead sprint, impressive.. head was in perfect shape

Just shot a bull with these ....very disappointed. First shot was perfect location, hit a rib...only got got about 3 inches of penetration, no blood. 285fps, 505gr at 25 yards. He ran about 20 yards, stopped and carried on with his regular business. I caught up with him about 30 minutes later and got a frontal on him that did the job. Before that shot he looked pretty uninjured . I won't be using mechanicals or hybrids at the front of quiver ever again....as the first shot should have been deep penetrating, per Lusks data . 73lb Hoyt alphax, 31" draw

CB4

WKR
Field Report- shot a doe yesterday at 34 yards broadside. I am somewhat disapointed. I got a pass through but the arrow didnt go all the way through, just stuck out the other side. I hit a rib and went through it but it bent both the bleeder and main blade. Entrance and exit holes were barely bigger than the 1.5" cutting diameter. The doe died within 15 yards but I attribute that to the shot and any broadhead would have given that result. From what I have experienced Sevr's in general just soak up the kinetic energy and kill the momentum. I bought 3 total so I have two more I will use and report back on but this is my initial thoughts.

Adding Pictures. Hard to capture a good one of the bleeder. The blade does still pivot as it should but with the rib I hit being complete cut in half I would assume that is from the bleeders and the main blade should have been left pristine. The main blades are still very sharp.

Attachments

• sevr.jpg
    sevr.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9
  • sevrr.jpg
    sevrr.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Field Report- shot a doe yesterday at 34 yards broadside. I am somewhat disapointed. I got a pass through but the arrow didnt go all the way through, just stuck out the other side. I hit a rib and went through it but it bent both the bleeder and main blade. Entrance and exit holes were barely bigger than the 1.5" cutting diameter. The doe died within 15 yards but I attribute that to the shot and any broadhead would have given that result. From what I have experienced Sevr's in general just soak up the kinetic energy and kill the momentum. I bought 3 total so I have two more I will use and report back on but this is my initial thoughts.
Can you post a pic of the broadhead would like to see how much the blades got bent

Reactions: CB4

MuleyBuck

FNG
IMG_8769.jpegIMG_8770.jpeg
SEVR 2.0 on a bull of a lifetime. Hit a rib on the way in, 5” penetration, and blade bent so it penetrated stuck as shown (1” dull bent cut). 490gr at 303 fps. Followed sparse blood drops about 150 yards before the arrow fell out, then hole sealed up and no blood just tracks for another 150, and then the grass got too long I couldn’t see nothing anymore. Wide open country. Grid searched and glassed over miles of the open country checking brushy draws. Think he survived it.

I don’t know about the pivot. Have shot a few bulls where a blade bends during the pivot and you only get a half cut the rest of the way and little penetration. Maybe there is a diminishing return when it comes to speed with them or something, idk. Learned my lesson and don’t shoot elk with expandables anymore.

Reactions: CB4

Read1t48

WKR
Bad experience for me with a Sevr. 18yd f/up shot. Hit a rib and completely bent the tip and maybe 10” of penetration. Got my bull but will probably not put a Sevr back in the quiver. Not even a f/up shot for me. Too risky and I will stick with all fixed blades on big game.
I really want to like the head and how it flies but it did not perform well.

CB4

WKR
SEVR 2.0 on a bull of a lifetime. Hit a rib on the way in, 5” penetration, and blade bent so it penetrated stuck as shown (1” dull bent cut). 490gr at 303 fps. Followed sparse blood drops about 150 yards before the arrow fell out, then hole sealed up and no blood just tracks for another 150, and then the grass got too long I couldn’t see nothing anymore. Wide open country. Grid searched and glassed over miles of the open country checking brushy draws. Think he survived it.

I don’t know about the pivot. Have shot a few bulls where a blade bends during the pivot and you only get a half cut the rest of the way and little penetration. Maybe there is a diminishing return when it comes to speed with them or something, idk. Learned my lesson and don’t shoot elk with expandables anymore.
I had this exact same thing happen in 2022 on an elk. I will never use a Sevr on an elk again. Penetration killer.