New Sevr Hybrid

fatlander

WKR
What do you think the reason for that is? I’m assuming it has to do with extra cutting surface of 3 vs 2 blades. Also why do you prefer the smaller version Fatal Steel?

It’s definitely 3 blades vs two as why you see more blood on the ground. Same thing goes for exodus vs iron will or buzzcuts. That triangular hole opens up and doesn’t close.

I shoot the 125 grain fatal steels. They’re 1.5” cut. The ferrule is stronger and shorter than comparable sized grim reapers. The fatal steel also has a more robust, at least in my experience, collar than other reapers.

I shot the 1 3/8” reaper because the ferrule was shorter as well. Less chance of bending or deflecting.

1 3/8” - 1.5” 3 blade is plenty of cutting surface to put through an animal. It’s more cutting surface than a 2” 2 blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac

Ucsdryder

WKR
I bought some. I haven’t shot them yet but they’re wicked looking. I can say with confidence that a double lung shot with the fixed blade would result in a dead animal, even with a catastrophic failure that ended with the mechanical blades no deploying.

Zac

WKR
It’s definitely 3 blades vs two as why you see more blood on the ground. Same thing goes for exodus vs iron will or buzzcuts. That triangular hole opens up and doesn’t close.

I shoot the 125 grain fatal steels. They’re 1.5” cut. The ferrule is stronger and shorter than comparable sized grim reapers. The fatal steel also has a more robust, at least in my experience, collar than other reapers.

I shot the 1 3/8” reaper because the ferrule was shorter as well. Less chance of bending or deflecting.

1 3/8” - 1.5” 3 blade is plenty of cutting surface to put through an animal. It’s more cutting surface than a 2” 2 blade.

How have your entrance holes been? The thing I am the most afraid of is a tiny entrance that doesn’t exit. Shot a real big Miley in some super thick stuff that ran off with my arrow.

fatlander

WKR
How have your entrance holes been? The thing I am the most afraid of is a tiny entrance that doesn’t exit. Shot a real big Miley in some super thick stuff that ran off with my arrow.

Entrance holes aren’t huge but there not tiny either, something akin to quarter sized I’d say. They’re bigger than any hole a rifle bullet put in anything I tracked over the years.

Everyone once in a blue moon, I’ll square the offside shoulder knuckle up and not get a pass through and blood is still just fine coming out of the entrance. When tracking full pass throughs, I can’t tell the exit side vs the entrance side.

Zac

WKR
seems like lusk has always had a boner for sevr. Surprises me there marketing scheme scares me.
Not really he was very critical of the first version. I think the way his tests are rigged is just very favorable for the Sevr. That being said I think his tests are the most consistent out there. It’s just the visual effect of a head blowing to bits leaves more of an impression on people than anything else in the test. There really isn’t a great solution for penetration testing. Everyone knows the slight variability in gel isn’t even close to what it is on game. Penetration is what I believe should hold precedence over all the other factors. So because most of the heads perform similar in the gel, the durability kind of takes over the test. This has always been where Sevr has exceeded, and is the reason why they were too afraid to put on a leading edge, instead of hiding it behind their blunt Titanium point.

WCB

WKR
Me over hear shooting my remaining Rocket Steel Heads killing stuff and seeing ZERO supportable difference in distance to death next to about every mechanical mentioned in this thread?

If anybody has some I'll be glad to take the little guys off your hands.

Zac

WKR
Me over hear shooting my remaining Rocket Steel Heads killing stuff and seeing ZERO supportable difference in distance to death next to about every mechanical mentioned in this thread?

If anybody has some I'll be glad to take the little guys off your hands.
I heard Hunter Biden is sitting on a pile of them.

WCB

WKR
I heard Hunter Biden is sitting on a pile of them.
Tried him...price was perfect until the "big guy" tax? Checked a bunch of other receipts I have can't find that one...must be new.

Reactions: Zac