New Sevr Hybrid

Firestone

WKR

1000006433.jpg
You guys see the new hybrid head? I have had pretty good luck with these heads dating all the way back to the Ulmer edge. Killing bulls with the 2.1, 1.5, and 2.0, they have been pretty good to me. I bought some 1.75s to try this year, but now these have peaked my interest as well.

Zac

WKR
I've been waiting for a hybrid from them just not this. They had the opportunity to have a true rear deploying COC, but instead they just add a fixed blade down the ferrule. No idea why they didn't use it as the leading blade. So instead we just get more drag.

OP
Firestone

Firestone

WKR
I've been waiting for a hybrid from them just not this. They had the opportunity to have a true rear deploying COC, but instead they just add a fixed blade down the ferrule. No idea why they didn't use it as the leading blade. So instead we just get more drag.
Yeah I agree, would of liked to see it as more of a up front, cut on contact blade

Reactions: Zac

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain the point or use of these I can't lie they look kinda cool it just seems weird that u would want more drag for minimal cutting surface

jbelz

FNG
Can someone explain the point or use of these I can't lie they look kinda cool it just seems weird that u would want more drag for minimal cutting surface
Throughout all of human history we've wanted to have our cake and eat it, too. Rarely does it work that way.

The point of most hybrid broadheads is to mitigate the effects of mechanical failure, but the only way to truly accomplish that is to shoot a fixed blade. I will be interested to see reports of these used in the field (maybe I'll be proven wrong).

"Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy fixed blade on a mechanical 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside." – Tommy Boy, probably.

Read1t48

WKR
If the bleeders are fixed, how does that allow the main blades to pivot?
And won’t the bleeder blades need sharpened after practicing them since they are fixed?

Zac

WKR
If the bleeders are fixed, how does that allow the main blades to pivot?
And won’t the bleeder blades need sharpened after practicing them since they are fixed?
They are on a different plane than the mechanical blades. Yes they will need sharpened. The whole design is a conundrum to me. I think they probably wanted to look different than the other hybrids on the market. Rage, and Trifecta have better designs IMO. I don't know what in the world this solves. I'd rather have the wider cut of the 2 inch than a .7 inch cross cut after the trocar.

king402

FNG

View attachment 728175
You guys see the new hybrid head? I have had pretty good luck with these heads dating all the way back to the Ulmer edge. Killing bulls with the 2.1, 1.5, and 2.0, they have been pretty good to me. I bought some 1.75s to try this year, but now these have peaked my interest as well.
Looks like a wicked head. Too bad I just bought a bunch of the titanium 1.5” or I would have bought these!

Zac

WKR
It’s also possible that they knew Lusk would fire it into a cinder block and destroy the COC tip. The front of that head basically saves the bleeders or whatever they are called from a zero penetration test. Kind of ridiculous if we’re to the point that manufacturers are basing designs on those parameters.

TheViking

WKR
It’s also possible that they knew Lusk would fire it into a cinder block and destroy the COC tip. The front of that head basically saves the bleeders or whatever they are called from a zero penetration test. Kind of ridiculous if we’re to the point that manufacturers are basing designs on those parameters.
Here are my thoughts on this:
When you have a cut on contact head and you hit bone (say the thick part of a scap), you're going to dull that blade to a point. Sometimes a lot, sometimes minimal, that's based a lot on quality of steel. When you have a leading edge being a point (Sevr Hybrid, QAD Exodus, Slick Trick, etc) the point is going to take the blunt of the impact, then the blades can come through behind it undamaged (mostly) and cut cleanly with a fresh blade. I do like the design of the Sevr Hybrid personally...I also like that it will cut even if the blade is flipped to one side (most peoples complaints).

Hybrid will be a big improvement for blood trails in my opinion based on poor performance of the old Ulmer Edge 1.5" heads that I used it extensively in 2013-14 with rather poor results in several cases.

devinhal

FNG
I think the added bleeder blade is really going to help with the blood trails and a little extra cutting surface is never a bad thing. However, the chisel point looks to be rounded compared to the older models. It'll be interesting to look at them a little closer in person, but I'm sure I'll order a few and try them out. In the mean time, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they release a 1.75" version.

Zac

WKR
Here are my thoughts on this:
When you have a cut on contact head and you hit bone (say the thick part of a scap), you're going to dull that blade to a point. Sometimes a lot, sometimes minimal, that's based a lot on quality of steel. When you have a leading edge being a point (Sevr Hybrid, QAD Exodus, Slick Trick, etc) the point is going to take the blunt of the impact, then the blades can come through behind it undamaged (mostly) and cut cleanly with a fresh blade. I do like the design of the Sevr Hybrid personally...I also like that it will cut even if the blade is flipped to one side (most peoples complaints).
Yeah I’m sure that was their thought process. I think they would have had an offering for low poundage shooters if they would have went with the COC design. That IMo is what is missing in their lineup. I can get the same amount of cut as the hybrid with their larger cut versions. Also without more exposed blades.

fatlander

WKR
At the end of the day, anything that’s sharp works when the archer puts it where it’s supposed to be. When they don’t put it where it’s supposed to be, things get dicey, no matter the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkangle

WKR
I think this hybrid is gona be pretty wicked, holding them in your hand they are impressive

I'd say good job sevr... now let's see some bigger sizes!