New rules on posting spots? Really Rokslide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3forks

WKR
I invite you to keep it up, i bet it broke a rule and would be taken down anyhow.

Obviously my user name is my name. Matches my IG handle and is all public. Anyone can go there.

But there is a line you cross when you take from that to post it here asking for other to gang up and make fun of me.

I’ve got thick skin, not a complaint. But a straight call out.

You think i’m starting to learn? My opinion stands, but i’m also (tying to) playing by the rules

I think you did the edit cause you recognized you’re in the wrong.

#fogelmanto100
No. I edited my post because I wasn’t aware that there are rules about posting publicly available pics on this site, and unlike you - I’m not going to ignore the board rules or argue about them.

In the event that there are, I edited my post.

But like you, I will also stand by my opinion. I think you’re a clown, and that pic of you from Instagram clearly illustrates that.

WTFJohn

WKR
bro I just think the rule is silly. Like ban it altogether or don’t.

But while we’re here. You’re happy to show others spots with elk? And think me asking for general unit advice is the problem?

I’ve just got a different personality type and different perspective.

Yes, I have met up with and shared spots with other members with integrity and solid moral character.

Do you think your personality type has presented itself that way in this thread?

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
But while we’re here. You’re happy to show others spots with elk? And think me asking for general unit advice is the problem?

I’ve just got a different personality type and different perspective.
It's not personality or perspective. If you can't see the difference in the person you're responding to taking someone hunting versus blasting info about that area on the internet, you're either trolling or exceptionally stupid. I'm going with trolling, and you're pretty good at it!

OP
L

Lil-Rokslider656

Lil-Rokslider
This fall I plan to hunt an area that I haven't spent much time in. I've already made 2 trips and about to make another. So far about 30 hrs of highway time, $750 or so in fuel, 20 miles hiked, 3 nights under a tarp, many hours glassing etc. I have a wife and 3 kids one of which is a newborn. I have very limited pto and very limited expendable cash. After investing this much time/money/effort to give myself a bit of an edge up over other hunters, why would I blast this information all over the world wide web for everyone to see?

Why don't you exert a little effort to obtain some intel yourself?
I do the same. Have cameras, scouting trips and lots of time spent in my home unit already this season. Explored some new areas that seem promising bases on boots on the ground info from last season. I love it.

I got a 2 year old and a limited hunting budget.

We’re likely more alike that different.

Draw results came out yesterday. You can imagine my surprise drawing a tag with less than a 10% chance.

I will be putting a lot of work into this hunt. Including scouting trips. But asking for info is a part of that process for me. Finding out that there is more pressure in the unit than I anticipated was very helpful and will focus my scouting efforts; especially into terrain that was similar to the otc unit i hunted last fall just a few miles to the south.

I’ll do the work; don’t you worry

A great buddy of mine once said. There are three types of information: some information, miss information and no information.

They’re all helpful (to me) in their own way.

Cheers bud, good luck this fall

OP
L

Lil-Rokslider656

Lil-Rokslider
Terrific, where about was this?
Please post state, unit, trailhead used, and Onx or gohunt map images.

Thanks my dude!
#freedomofspeech #wearenotchina
I can’t share even the unit info. Wouldn’t wanna break the rules.

Love the dog pile guys that think i’m asking for coordinates. Shows you’d rather dog pile and criticize others than even take time to read the post.

Just any general info helps

CorbLand

WKR
Not gonna lie. This was funny. Had a good chuckle.

Forever 99 is hilarious.

But my point remains, why not just ban it all together. Why set the arbitrary 100. And why is it funny that we’d want someone to bend the rules to keep me at 99.

Its funny cause its a silly / dumb rule!
Theres a rule on what posts a moderator can and cannot delete?

Also, people find my post funny because your acting like getting to post 100 is going to magically change how people view you and you asking for information. Your going to get to 100, make a new thread asking about your unit and people are going to pile over there for round two of this thread.

IDVortex

WKR
The other reason for FNG to not ask unit specific questions, is when 99% of them leave and never return, it doesn't help the forum itself in growth, and they don't every bring anything to the forum. Or other users.

Jimmy

WKR
I can’t share even the unit info. Wouldn’t wanna break the rules.

Love the dog pile guys that think i’m asking for coordinates. Shows you’d rather dog pile and criticize others than even take time to read the post.

Just any general info helps
I thought you started the comedy when you complained about the rules on a website that’s free and nobody made you join. Like me walking into your house and complaining you don’t have my kind of beer. I’m sorry if I offended you. Best of luck on your scouting and hunting!

Geewhiz

WKR
Maybe I'm missing something but why does he keep saying 100? Is 100 posts some magical threshold that must be reached before everybody spills the beans to you about their super secret secret spot? If so I must have gone from 99 to 101

Status
Not open for further replies.