New Rifle Optic - Tikka Superlite 7RM

Which scope for a 7RM Superlite?

• Total voters

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys. Looking for recommendations for an optic to top a Superlite 7RM that I plan on using for a dedicated western/elk rifle with a little more mustard than my 270. Planning to handload 160 Accubonds, 162 ELDX, & 168 VLDs to see what it likes the most. Have the means on our farm (within 20 minutes of home) to shoot ROUGHLY to 600 so would like to be proficient at that distance, and I've narrowed it down to the three options below. I'm most familiar with MOA but am open to taking the time to learn mil/mil if it will be a big enough benefit....but not sure if that is the case unless going with a FFP (over 2FP).

Thanks for any help!

LightFoot

WKR
Alright guys. Looking for recommendations for an optic to top a Superlite 7RM that I plan on using for a dedicated western/elk rifle with a little more mustard than my 270. Planning to handload 160 Accubonds, 162 ELDX, & 168 VLDs to see what it likes the most. Have the means on our farm (within 20 minutes of home) to shoot ROUGHLY to 600 so would like to be proficient at that distance, and I've narrowed it down to the three options below. I'm most familiar with MOA but am open to taking the time to learn mil/mil if it will be a big enough benefit....but not sure if that is the case unless going with a FFP (over 2FP).

Thanks for any help!
What 3 options?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
W

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
See the poll above. Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44, Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42, Zeiss V4 4-16x44.

OP
W

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I'm leaning towards the V4 with the ZMOAi T-30, but my ONLY reservation is the non-locking elevation turret. Most of my true hunting rifles thus far have always had capped turrets, so I'm a little leery of the elevation turret getting inadvertently bumped. Is this something that I'm overthinking? Obviously with the zero stop set RTZ would be a matter of turning the turret.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I'm leaning towards the V4 with the ZMOAi T-30, but my ONLY reservation is the non-locking elevation turret. Most of my true hunting rifles thus far have always had capped turrets, so I'm a little leery of the elevation turret getting inadvertently bumped. Is this something that I'm overthinking? Obviously with the zero stop set RTZ would be a matter of turning the turret.
I don’t think you’re overthinking it. I’m in the same exact position and have the same worries. I also don’t like that the LHT, which does have a locking system, has a zero stop that goes beyond zero. My plan is to pick one of two based on all other things and just deal with either locking turret.

OP
W

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat regarding the zero stop on the LHT....in my opinion, it should be a zero stop at zero. I've also added the Tract Toric UHD 3-15 to my short list given how they seem to get almost unanimously great reviews, and have locking turrets. I guess my only reservation is the limited adjustment range with the 1" tube, but that can be remedied with a 10/20 moa rail down the road if need be. As of now (based on the load I'm shooting for out of the the 7rm) I'd be able to get to roughly 875 by dialing with the 1" Toric on a 0 moa base, which is a longer shot than ANYWHERE I have around here anyway.

Bater

WKR
You could drag the Zeiss on the ground behind you while you hike through the mountains and you probably wouldn’t move the turret. That being said I have both and prefer the LHT by a slight margin.

OP
W

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know, Bater! Thank you. I don't think it would be much at all to get in the habit of "grab rifle - verify zero stop".

I do think that the UHD 3-15 will be replacing the Diamondback on my 270, however, as I'd like to stick with a 30mm tube on the 7 mag.