New Mexico Draw 2019

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Yea me too. My parents didnt get me anything for Christmas either .
HAHA, sorry about your childhood Christmas gifts. My Christmas meant steelhead fishing with Dad, that was enough for me.
I changed it up this year in NM. I applied for the easier to draw tags. Previous years I shot for the moon in NM. This is the year to hunt NM.

KHNC

WKR
HAHA, sorry about your childhood Christmas gifts. My Christmas meant steelhead fishing with Dad, that was enough for me.
I changed it up this year in NM. I applied for the easier to draw tags. Previous years I shot for the moon in NM. This is the year to hunt NM.
You will just make it look easy. lol. Least this way maybe your hunts will take pressure off the "good" areas. haha!

Thomas11

WKR
Ha! Please define easier to draw in NM? No I agree it’s a good yr to have a tag there. I did the same but realistically still only have about 10-15% draw odds

Fitzwho

WKR
My mule deer draw odds have been running around 60% for the unit I applied for, pronghorn around 3%. Same draw odds/units last year and the one I drew was the Pronghorn...

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Ha! Please define easier to draw in NM? No I agree it’s a good yr to have a tag there. I did the same but realistically still only have about 10-15% draw odds

10-15% is a lot better than 2%. There are some units that have private land issues or don't have the history of high quality that are much better odds.

Thomas11

WKR
10-15% is a lot better than 2%. There are some units that have private land issues or don't have the history of high quality that are much better odds.
I would agree! I do have a AZ early rifle elk tag so all is not lost if I don’t draw NM! It’s one of the block units which is limited opportunity. Kinda having a hard time getting decent info on the unit but still should be a solid hunt I hope

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I would agree! I do have a AZ early rifle elk tag so all is not lost if I don’t draw NM! It’s one of the block units which is limited opportunity. Kinda having a hard time getting decent info on the unit but still should be a solid hunt I hope

That could be an awesome hunt. I have looked at those every year but never got the intel I felt I needed to apply for one. Keep looking for info, it could be awesome with hard work.

Thomas11

WKR
That could be an awesome hunt. I have looked at those every year but never got the intel I felt I needed to apply for one. Keep looking for info, it could be awesome with hard work.
Yea Well I tried it and drew. So gotta figure it out now. Early season AZ rifle elk anywhere I don’t figure can be any worse than CO. Those hunts are interesting. Usually the NR that draws has tons of pts which leads me to believe they have some intel so I think it could be good and the R pools usually draw out pretty high. But everything u read Is they r very tuff hunts. Idk. We shall c

Whip

WKR
I don't even bother checking the NM site for results. Takes too much time logging in, etc. I just keep refreshing this thread for updates because I know someone will post here within 30 seconds of the results being released.