New KUIU pieces

I think I am going to snag up one of these SUPER DOWN Hooded Jackets from KUIU. What do you all think? I also have a spindrift, do you think it is worth it or no? Other than the hood, will it keep me warmer than the SD will?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I like the look of the pullover! It should be much warmer than the SD.

swat8888

WKR
At 10oz and much more packable than my current puffy I may think about it, I'm sure it's warm enough. My only issue with most puffy's is they aren't windproof. I like them standalone without a shell on most of the time. I probably won't dish out $250 for one, but would snag a used one for $150 or so in a couple years.

swat8888

WKR
What I really want is a sleeping bag made of that new quik down stuff...that would be worth the money IMO.

slim9300

WKR
I just pre-ordered the hooded version. Looks like the perfect piece of gear for me. I just hope the large fits me. I was hoping they added an 1" or 2 of sleeve length over the Spindrift. The word is that it's a slightly tighter fit (probably in the midsection, which is good for me).

garrenj

FNG
I am trying to decide if I want to order one now in gun metal or wait for vias. All my other clothing is vias and I am having a hard time getting into verde.

Decisions decisions.

slim9300

WKR
I am trying to decide if I want to order one now in gun metal or wait for vias. All my other clothing is vias and I am having a hard time getting into verde.

Decisions decisions.

Me too but gunmetal seemed useless for hunting. I figured I would just not match for once. Maybe someday soon I will pick up a few more Verde pieces for my WA hunts. Vias is a little out of place in the NW anyways.

Pretty sweet looking. Like the down jacket although Not sure if anything could replace my Kifaru paclock jacket thou.

Also not sure if I like the new camo pattern. Has the digi camo look to it.

Last edited:

Rizzy

WKR
That hooded super down jacket really packs down small, almost pocket size. I could see the hooded jacket and pant coupled with a bivy replacing my sleeping bag during summer scouting and maybe even early fall.

garrenj

FNG
Me too but gunmetal seemed useless for hunting. I figured I would just not match for once. Maybe someday soon I will pick up a few more Verde pieces for my WA hunts. Vias is a little out of place in the NW anyways.

Not match while hunting!! I agree the gunmetal would be pretty useless for hunting but I figure I'd only be wearing it while glassing. Plus I've always wanted to wear my spin-drift around town but not much into rocking camo everywhere.

What I should really do is just not buy it at all since I really don't need it. All this new KUIU gear sure puts a hole in the bank account.

Kotaman

WKR
KUIU is just another monthly bill! My card is CONSTANTLY getting hit by KUIU. Today I ordered all three down pieces. Last week it was the new 230 undershirt.

OP
Nick Muche
Yep, I just ordered the hooded jacket, can't wait to see how she works in an Idaho late season hunt or THREE!

akrdkill

WKR
No idea. But if its as stretchy as they say it must be flexible It's not a hard shell so I'd think it'll be pretty quite