NEW! Kowa Prominar TSN-55A Review ***Updated 7/28/24***

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
@Matt Cashell if your mostly backpack hunting and already own a kowa 77 would you sell and get the new 55 to save the 1.5lbs of weight? seems like only downside is giving up the extra zoom 50 - 60x. As long as the new 55 is clear all way out to 40x that is good enough for me. I do not find much difference now when I put my spotter on 40x or 50x.

Reading through your post … I think you answered your own question.

If you are satisfied with 40x, and want to save the weight … go for it.

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
That video was great. If anything, it left me more impressed with the Vortex than I thought I'd be. I also still really want to try a compact spotter in the field but my brain keeps telling me to just suck it up and pack the big girl around.
The difference is, you'll probably have to send the vortex In for warranty, multiple times while the other two, we'll give you A lifetime of being issue free

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through this. My hunting partner has the Kowa 553. And it's crystal clear, but to me, I cannot look through it for a long time. Small eye Relief and FOV. Kowa Make some great optics. In the end, I went with the Swarovski atc. I wanted the armor coating, and my favorite color is green and it will go nice with my NLs