New Kifaru wood stove????

Patrick

FNG
Just for the sake of accuracy, the Sawtooth/4 man pipe is 84 inches; the 6/8 man pipe is 96 inches.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think they will be available tomorrow or Tuesday.

When I swing by the shop tomorrow, I will talk with Nate and confirm.

6t4nova

WKR
Just placed my order for a small 12" sidewall stove and a warming tray to go with it also. :)

Should do well for the megatarp

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
I was all set to order last Monday but over the holiday I bought boots and an exped ul9 so I'm stuck waiting for new funds . I'm definitely getting a medium high wall for my new backcountry castle aka a sawtooth. For the weight difference I think I want the volume for just in case . I don't have to stuff it full and heat the whole wilderness area but its comforting to know I can :). Mostly want the extra volume for more time to sleep before I have to feed it . Pack it full of the biggest fuel I can find and damp it down as much as I can.

Stove to Shelter Mapping Chart

Here is the chart they included that maps the Box and Oval stoves to the shelters they would work well in. It also shows what seasons the combination would work for and how many pots/skillets you could fit on the stoves for cooking.

Ovalstovechartlarge.jpg

Here is the URL for the chart if you can't read it...
http://cdn.nexternal.com/kifaru/images/Ovalstovechartlarge.jpg.

OBP

WKR
Just placed my order for a small 12" sidewall stove and a warming tray to go with it also. :)

Should do well for the megatarp

What was your reasoning for the small high in the mega? I'm going to order one tomorrow and I'm pretty sold on the medium low,

OBP

WKR
Stupid phones, didn't mean to hit send. I'm curious your reasoning for the small high as opposed to the small low or medium low?

Rizzy

WKR
Me too
Im trying to decide between the small highwall and medium lowwall for a sawtooth or BCS size shelter

muleman

WKR
Me too
Im trying to decide between the small highwall and medium lowwall for a sawtooth or BCS size shelter

I've been leaning toward a medium high for a BCS. It is only 2.5oz heavier than the medium low and would meet all my current needs and with a pipe extension would meet my future needs too.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd get the Med High for a Sawtooth size shelter.

That's what I've been running in the ST, 4 man and 6 man.....it's perfect for me !

OBP

WKR
Aron, could you discuss the pros and cons between the small high and medium low in a megatarp? That's the two I've been kicking beck and forth. I think I like the increased cook top of the med low, especially for only 3 more ounces.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The small high is a bit top heavy and you'll need to really pay attention to the pipe/angle/tie off points of the pipe.

The Med Low is my choice for the Mega, as it gives ample cooking space, maximum heat and doesn't tale up much more space.

No negatives for the med low to me.

6t4nova

WKR
What was your reasoning for the small high in the mega? I'm going to order one tomorrow and I'm pretty sold on the medium low,

Was just goin off of Patrick's chart. Now that I saw Arons suggestion, looks like I'll be changing my order tomorrow.

OBP

WKR
Got my med low on order, can't wait for it to get here and fire it up!