New Kifaru frame

28bang

WKR
I ordered the new lite frame with the 1/8”. I’m curious about the muskeg and want it but i wonder if it’ll sweat?

For the record I have the Light and UL frames along with all three bags on order. Looking forward to giving them a try. I wasn’t sure what size bag I wanted so I figured I would play with them all. Same goes for the frame sheet. I want to see if there is any difference. I really want a sub 5 pound 7000k pack. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the lite frame, medium bag and some odds and ends. My wife about slit my throat with the price. Hope you’re are planning some review videos to compare it all.

I ordered the lite frame, medium bag and some odds and ends. My wife about slit my throat with the price. Hope you’re are planning some review videos to compare it all.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PredatorX

WKR
I have a modified Argali sitting at 1 lb 5 oz that is modified to fit stone glacier frames. Last year on my xcurve frame it worked very well and packed some serious loads (for me - 110 lbs plus) that set up is under 5 lbs easy.

This year I'm going to try it on an Evo frame. Under 4 lbs.

What did you do to your argali to shave off the 9 or so ounces?

mt100gr.

WKR
From the top - down...

Replaced the drawcord with lighter cordage, replaced the fold down lid buckles with split bar ladderlocks, removed the over the top compression strap, cut out the hypalon panel, cut off all the attached compression straps and sewed a loop in their place for a split bar ladderlocks to attach to the SG frame mounted compression straps, I cut off the vertical compression straps that pull down the front of the lid and sewed on shorter ones further up the front panel. The SG frame has the under-the-bottom compression straps on the frame so I use split bar ladder locks on the bottom tab loops for that.

I think that's about it...my argali doesn't have a grab handle or an of the newer frills that I have hear mentioned on the new ones.

The only thing I added were sewn on ladder locks for the top of the bag to connect to the frame with the frame's lid straps. The bottom of the bag is attached to the frame via the bottom compression straps as well as webbing threaded through the bags 3 bar sliders and the frame buckles that attach the load shelf. So it is more than a loose bag strapped to the frame and it will work in tandem with the load shelf and all compression functioning properly.

There are lid straps on the SG frame but I prefer the way a lid attaches to the Kifaru bag....but the bag straps still may get hacked as they are redundant. I am also considering snipping the stabilizer ladder locks as there is no strap on the SG belt to attach them.

Also, the jury is still out on the split bar ladderlocks. I am testing them more now for strength/ efficiency, etc. They are definitely more cumbersome than side release buckles but they are significantly lighter - tradeoffs for any ounces saved.

SG accounts for their compression straps mounted permanently on the frame. I like this and can use them as described above or.connect them to a back compression panel like the HPG tarapocket for more usable cubes. I also "trimmed" my guide lid down to 8 ounces so I have that option for 1k+ more space. I haven't weighed the tarapocket, but on the SG Evo frame my argali, guide lid, and tarapocket give over 9k cubic inches (according to their specs) plus I have the load shelf on the frame too.....all of that at about 5 lbs or just a shade over. I will know soon.

SG admits this frame isn't for the daily heavy load out guys and that's fine. I will hunt around 50 -60 days a year and if everything goes well, we'll pack out half a dozen quality animals. Some of these will happen over the course of a couple days in which case I can swap frames and carry much heavier on a more comfortable frame.

With respect to the thread, no derail intended, I plan to try the lite duplex2 next year. I have been figuring this SG/Argali mutt out this year and also have a Seek Outside Revolution setup standing by for testing. I doubt I will ever get rid of my Kifaru Hunter platform and my SG xcurve is a proven heavy hauler.

Last edited:

mvmnts

WKR
Thanks for the links guys! I am going to check out the new SG stuff. I just wish Kifaru had something similar because I live about an hour away and would love to get the in person fit and support. Either way, super excited to see some lighter weight options!

slim9300

WKR
I should have the new frames and bags tomorrow. I will provide an update once I have some time with everything.

bigmo101

FNG
Quick question, what advantage is there to the 5 tabs on the Duplex Lite to the 3 tabs on the Duplex Ultralite?

Squirrels

WKR
Quick question, what advantage is there to the 5 tabs on the Duplex Lite to the 3 tabs on the Duplex Ultralite?

Duplex Lite frame sheet is thicker than the Ultralite if you weren't already aware. As far as the tabs, 5 tabs up each side vs 3 just gives you more options.