New Kifaru Bag Tease

JNDEER

WKR
I've been rucking 3-5 times a week, 4 miles a ruck, with 65 pounds alternating between my K4 and ARK since the ARK came out. I'll swap packs half way through, change the pack I start and end with, do a double lap with each, etc... and for me I prefer the ARK frame but K4 bags. I have a Dall bag I was going to use for my solo sheep trip on the ARK, but will be using this Absoroka on the ARK frame now instead. I wanted just a touch more access and this should be great for my purposes. I'll have my K4 7200 in the truck as a backup. Both feel good, but the ARK just seems to stay exactly how I started and never needs a synch or tweak throughout where the K4 I usually have to tighten or adjust something a tad. I'd give the K4 shoulder straps the nod, and the ARK lumbar the nod. Each back is shaped different so your choice may be the exact opposite!

What size frame is your K4?

prm

WKR
I just watched the videos Kifaru put up. The Absoroka looks like a well thought out bag and could be used in a variety of ways and suit different hunts.

Other than being a bit bigger than I need, I think they nailed the design in pretty much everything I was hoping. Didnt expect it to sell out that soon.

If anyone who got their order in before they sold out and decides to return it, please send me a PM, I will take it.

Ordered one should be in today. Interested to see how this new material holds up. Checks a lot of boxes for what I was looking for that the KU 4300 did not have.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll probably upgrade to the ark frame in a year or two and get this new bag. Unless they come out with a bag that I like even better. Then use the duplex lite as my loaner frame

6.5x284

WKR
Bag arrived today. Looks great. Seems like the 6580 cubic inches is correct. It’s shorter than my K4 7200 but seems a bit wider. Seems smaller than the dall when I look inside but side by side they seem similar. Like the pockets. Excited to get it loaded up for sheep.

Dall left, Absaroka right.

2b2b47517be580d8e7b76a0e3f1ef826.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the ARK came in a 26 frame and it would feel even better. But for me the 25” ARK carries better than the 26.5 K4.

You and I both on the 26” arc. But they are catering to the 22” guys and split the difference between the two. Short torsos benefit while the taller crowd suffers. Of course anders is tall and says it will work, but I’m sure it’s not optimum for his height. If Kuiu fan offer multiple sized frames why the heck can’t Kifaru. Even shorter people with a taller frame can benefit when the loads get heavy or the trips get longer.