New hunting scope?

bduke7645

FNG
So, I'm in the market for a new deer hunting scope, I'm on the east coast where typically my furthest shoot is under 300 yards. I would like something that is great in low light conditions and I'm not looking for something with a turret (just want to set it and forget it) just looking for opinion.

budget is a under $1300
I would prefer 30/35mm tube with a 56 objective

z987k

WKR
Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Element Helix HD 2-16x50 SFP - RAPTR-1
  • 30mm Main Body Tube
  • 8x Zoom Optical System
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Second Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
  • Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
  • Capped, Resettable Turrets
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth, ‘Cheat Sheet’ Stickers & Clear Lens Caps Included

McFarmer

FNG
I would look very hard at the Amplus 6 from Leica. Phenomenal glass for the price and within your budget.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
The S&B Klassic 2.5x10 and the NXS 2.5-10 are both great recommendations. Of the two I would prefer the NXS since I have experience with them and because the Klassic may have bassackwards (CW) turret rotations.

Why would you care about the tube diameter if you're not dialing?

For that distance and an emphasis on low light within that budget - https://www.eurooptic.com/schmidt-bender-classic-8x56-a7-30mm-alloy-tube.aspx
or
If you can pony up for the Polar they're supposed to be about the best there is for low light.
He doesn’t understand the benefits of larger tubes. I am guessing he thinks it helps let more light in.

OP - I would look at the credo 2.5-10x56.

So, I'm in the market for a new deer hunting scope, I'm on the east coast where typically my furthest shoot is under 300 yards. I would like something that is great in low light conditions and I'm not looking for something with a turret (just want to set it and forget it) just looking for opinion.

budget is a under $1300
I would prefer 30/35mm tube with a 56 objective
Save yourself some money and get a 3x9 Leopold, or Nikon or take a look at the Tract scopes these will do everything you need in the conditions you outlined. 100 yd zero and shoot a bit to figure out hold over out to 300 it depending on your rifle and preferred round the hold over will not be much.

EdP

WKR
Trijicon Huron 2.5-10x40. Available for under $500. If you are determined to go with a 56 objective go with the Credo.

For $1300, I’d consider a Leupold vx-5HD with a Boone and Crockett reticle. I got mine for about 65% of that and have found it to be very satisfactory.