New Hornady 25 Cal A-Tip just released

OP
B

B23

WKR
Nice...did you see the overall length anywhere?
That's funny because that was the first thing I thought of when I read about them but I don't have any OAL numbers. It's to late today but I'll call Hornady tomorrow and see if I can get that length because I'd like to know as well.

Reactions: WKR

WKR

WKR
That's funny because that was the first thing I thought of when I read about them but I don't have any OAL numbers. It's to late today but I'll call Hornady tomorrow and see if I can get that length because I'd like to know as well.
Yup length and required velocity for power factor was the first couple things I though about...
In case anyone is wondering 2755 fps would get you there.

OP
B

B23

WKR
Alright, what are they recommending for twist? 7.5?
They said 7tw but that sounds a bit fast and I'm wondering if that is one of those things they throw out there just to make sure that even under the most extreme conditions these get fully stabilized.

I plugged the numbers in to Berger's twist calculator and it said even at sea level and 2850fps a 7.5tw would fully stabilize this bullet but other twist calculators may show something different. I used 2850 because I figured even a 20in barreled 25 Creed could launch these that fast.