New home build

WKR
Been doing commercial insurance for 30 years, it is getting harder and harder to insurance property period an the wood burning stoves are getting harder and harder to insurance. I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely impossible to get coverage in 10 years from any carrier. That and most or a lot municipalities are starting to outlaw them also. KInda sucks IMO love a good wood stove.
I heat 2500 square feet really well with a wood burning insert. If your county allows it, I would not be without one. My home insurance doesn't seem to mind. Sort of nice when the power goes out or temps plunge below zero to have a warm house. If it goes the way you say, that will suck.

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
We are currently building our retirement home. I used R 21 rockwool fire n sound insulation in the walls. With another 2 " of pinkboard inside. Adding another R 10. And fiber cellulose blown in insulation. R 75 plus. In the attic area. In floor hydronic heating and a fuel oil drip stove in the living room. No power needed for drip stove so we will have heat during power outages.
We lost a home to a forest fire so now have cement fiber board siding and metal roof

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I heat 2500 square feet really well with a wood burning insert. If your county allows it, I would not be without one. My home insurance doesn't seem to mind. Sort of nice when the power goes out or temps plunge below zero to have a warm house. If it goes the way you say, that will suck.
Most carriers now ask and a lot of them won't do it period so you are limited on carriers for sure. We had a Buck Stove growing up and loved it, heats the whole house up.

The wife and me built our own in 2002!
1) EVERY door in the house is 3-0/6-8. Wheel chair friendly.
2) exterior walls are 2×6 studs allowing for R-19 insulation
3) installed wood burning stove.
4) LPG for cooking and hot water.
5) plumbed with "PEX"! Love it!
6) wall outlets every 6 to 8 feet
7) hard wired smoke detectors
8) one walk in shower, one deep tub with Jacuzzi
9) metal exterior and roof - no paint, no leaks
10) slab foundation

We live in the country. We are the ONLY occupied house on the electrical line that feeds our house. If the electricity goes out, #3, 4 and 5 will keep us going until they can get out and reset our little feeder!