New guy from SW PA

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
Flesher, sounds good to me! Seems like the logical meeting point would be ... hmmm... Cabelas?

Perfect! I have been in the Cabelas at wheeling so much lately, they quit bugging me about signing up for the club visa when you walk in the door. I take the paper and just drop it on the floor as soon as they hand it to me and keep walking. I think they took the hint.

Last edited:

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
Ill be in Altuna for a little while this winter, not sure where that is in relation to all you fellas but it would be great to meet up with some of you! Hows the fly fishing in that area?

I wouldn't expect the Snake river lol. Just remember, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work!

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
Perfect! I have been in the Cabelas at wheeling so much lately, they quit bugging me about signing up for the club visa when you walk in the door. I take the paper and just drop it on the floor as soon as they hand it to me and keep walking. I think they took the hint.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Next time you need to ask them if they can help you with their Friends and Family discount... Or better yet, organize a bunch of us, and ask for a Rokslide group discount!

Welcome to the Rok. I don't live in PA but I hunt in Washington Co and Cambria Co. family is in Cambria Co and we got married in the Burgh. I will be in 2A the first week in Nov if anyone wants to meet up.

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
ST52v,

Usually pass by on our way up to Tionesta or Warren for Grouse. Haven't been up since Nov 2011 tho. Oil City and surroundings are a sportsman's paradise.

i'm a little late on this one but i grew up in crawford county pa and now live right over the line in trumbull county oh. i hunt in and around oil creek state park. lots of grouse and bear.

ST52v

WKR
It is a small world!! I grew up around the park mostly. We caught a lot of trout in that creek. Our favorite place was nite cap. It has been years since I fished up there. My brothers and I probably know people you know. Where did you graduate from? I now live on the PA line near East Palastine , Poland , New Castle.

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
It is a small world!! I grew up around the park mostly. We caught a lot of trout in that creek. Our favorite place was nite cap. It has been years since I fished up there. My brothers and I probably know people you know. Where did you graduate from? I now live on the PA line near East Palastine , Poland , New Castle.

nice. i graduated from maplewood high school. between meaadville and corry. i now live right over the ohio state line in cortland. did you bear hunt pa this year? there are a lot of bear around oil creek. there occupying smaller blocks now and seem to be everywhere. do you hunt out of state at all?

ST52v

WKR
I do not bear hunt due to a lack of vacation. We use to scrimmage you guys in football. I graduated in 90. My buddy hunts just across from Cross Creek at his in laws sometimes. We try to head west every year. The last 2 years we did and plan to go back to Wyoming this fall. I killed my first elk this fall (a cow).

Nice seeing so many Western PA folks on here. I live in New Orleans but was born in Beaver Falls. My family still has some land out in New Galilee that we hunt as well. I'm up here right now for the holiday season (headed back down south tomorrow).

ST52v

WKR
I live in Enon valley not more than a few minutes from where u hunt. Watching the steelers today?The next time you come to town drop me a line and maybe we can get together and bs.

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
I see this thread is still alive. I just moved to Montoursville, PA about a month ago. Anybody in the area that would like to get together and do a hike or fishing trip, I am game.