New GPS unit

Planning some solo hunts this year in Wyoming an Colorado. I have a unreachable mini 2 but looking for a fun gps unit. Looking at a 66I OR 67. Any options or better options?

I have both a 67i and a mini 2 and a rarely use either. Especially now that the new iPhones have satellite messaging, I really don't have a reason to ever pull one out, I've always used OnX mapping anyways. The 67i stays powered off in my pack just to give me some peace of mind if i were to drop my phone and crack the screen or something. I would use the mini instead but it is paired to my GFs account and I don't want to mess with constantly pairing or unpairing them.

If I could do it again, I almost wish we would've just gotten two minis, 95% of the functionality when paired with the app, and much less intrusive to carry around all day. I don't mind the bulk/weight of the 67i when its just sitting in my pack, but I much prefer the mini if I'm just out fishing or hiking. I've had good luck with the iPhone Sat messaging, but I would not rely on it for an emergency.

OP
W
I have no trust in my phone battery in the cold temp. I have Onx on love it but Had Phone get wet when dropped in wet snow few years back an had to rely on memory to get back out, Was a little unsettling thinking about being lost an spending night out in below freezing temps. So just wondering what everyone else is doing

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a 67i and a mini 2 and a rarely use either. Especially now that the new iPhones have satellite messaging, I really don't have a reason to ever pull one out, I've always used OnX mapping anyways. The 67i stays powered off in my pack just to give me some peace of mind if i were to drop my phone and crack the screen or something. I would use the mini instead but it is paired to my GFs account and I don't want to mess with constantly pairing or unpairing them.

If I could do it again, I almost wish we would've just gotten two minis, 95% of the functionality when paired with the app, and much less intrusive to carry around all day. I don't mind the bulk/weight of the 67i when its just sitting in my pack, but I much prefer the mini if I'm just out fishing or hiking. I've had good luck with the iPhone Sat messaging, but I would not rely on it for an emergency.
Huh? Takes almost NO time to pair/unpair a mini. Do it al the time when switch phone I am using easy peasy and quick to do. A hell of a lot easier and cheaper than owning two minis if only one ifs going to be used at any given time.