New GPS unit

Planning some solo hunts this year in Wyoming an Colorado. I have a unreachable mini 2 but looking for a fun gps unit. Looking at a 66I OR 67. Any options or better options?

I have both a 67i and a mini 2 and a rarely use either. Especially now that the new iPhones have satellite messaging, I really don't have a reason to ever pull one out, I've always used OnX mapping anyways. The 67i stays powered off in my pack just to give me some peace of mind if i were to drop my phone and crack the screen or something. I would use the mini instead but it is paired to my GFs account and I don't want to mess with constantly pairing or unpairing them.

If I could do it again, I almost wish we would've just gotten two minis, 95% of the functionality when paired with the app, and much less intrusive to carry around all day. I don't mind the bulk/weight of the 67i when its just sitting in my pack, but I much prefer the mini if I'm just out fishing or hiking. I've had good luck with the iPhone Sat messaging, but I would not rely on it for an emergency.

OP
W
I have no trust in my phone battery in the cold temp. I have Onx on love it but Had Phone get wet when dropped in wet snow few years back an had to rely on memory to get back out, Was a little unsettling thinking about being lost an spending night out in below freezing temps. So just wondering what everyone else is doing

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a 67i and a mini 2 and a rarely use either. Especially now that the new iPhones have satellite messaging, I really don't have a reason to ever pull one out, I've always used OnX mapping anyways. The 67i stays powered off in my pack just to give me some peace of mind if i were to drop my phone and crack the screen or something. I would use the mini instead but it is paired to my GFs account and I don't want to mess with constantly pairing or unpairing them.

If I could do it again, I almost wish we would've just gotten two minis, 95% of the functionality when paired with the app, and much less intrusive to carry around all day. I don't mind the bulk/weight of the 67i when its just sitting in my pack, but I much prefer the mini if I'm just out fishing or hiking. I've had good luck with the iPhone Sat messaging, but I would not rely on it for an emergency.
Huh? Takes almost NO time to pair/unpair a mini. Do it al the time when switch phone I am using easy peasy and quick to do. A hell of a lot easier and cheaper than owning two minis if only one ifs going to be used at any given time.

ohoopee

WKR
You couldn't give me 5 phones for the reliability of my Garmin 67I in the wet
out of reach places I spend quite a few days a year. I can depend on it if
I drop it or it gets wet. I can count on it if I need to pull it out and get a
fix on my location. Although, it can be frustratingly slow and sometimes
hard to get an accurate and hard fix using the map screen:)).

I do use the phone and app mapping sometimes but I just don't rely on them
for the backcountry trips. I have also considered the Mini 2 and it would
probably be a better all around option. Until it wasn't.

Huh? Takes almost NO time to pair/unpair a mini. Do it al the time when switch phone I am using easy peasy and quick to do. A hell of a lot easier and cheaper than owning two minis if only one ifs going to be used at any given time.
This may have just been a device problem on our end, the first Mini 2 we received took forever to pair, and we were constantly having issues with it disconnecting, or it would finally pair and then when trying to switch phones, it would no longer connect to either. This device was warrantied by Garmin and honestly I haven't really messed with switching them between phones again.