New F-350 motor options?

Well my 6.7 Ford diesel just crapped its transmission at 77k miles. 🤬.

I’m going to set this truck on fire and roll it down a hill.

I’m done with this truck. As soon as it’s fixed it’s gone. I don’t care if it’s paid for. What a POS it’s been.

I’ve owned it for 3.5 yrs. 3 major repairs. If you count the cost of the warranty repair work, I will have $18k in repairs in this truck in 3 years.

Well my 6.7 Ford diesel just crapped its transmission at 77k miles. 🤬.

I’m going to set this truck on fire and roll it down a hill.

I’m done with this truck. As soon as it’s fixed it’s gone. I don’t care if it’s paid for. What a POS it’s been.

I’ve owned it for 3.5 yrs. 3 major repairs. If you count the cost of the warranty repair work, I will have $18k in repairs in this truck in 3 years.
6spd or 10 spd tranny? Pretty sure they went to the 10sp in 2020.

Well, I love my 2024 F450 Super Duty dually crew cab and 8' box FX4 off-road smoker.....with 430's its a true beast. Yes, it's long but that sharp radius steering the F450 has is the cats ass. Rides very nice too with that long wheelbase. My other smoker is a 2003 Dodge 2500HD w/ the Cummins 5.9 HO with 305hp and 555 ft lbs torque., 112,000 on it and ZERO rust anywhere or body/paint damage...I love this truck and it sounds great and looks badass with the 35's on it so if I had to do without my F450 for a bit I wouldn't be sad. I'm always getting compliments on it. There is no gasser HD truck that could even begin to run with the F450's 475hp/1050torque and 430 gears, plus everything on the underside is really HD. Some might not like aluminum bodies but it's not a soda can...it's high strength alloy and it don't rust and rot away like steel does. I've been a GM man for over 40 years and this is my first Ford and the Dodge I bought off my uncle 4 years ago with 101,000 garage kept miles...for 15K. My horse farrier has over 500,000 miles on his 2004 5.9 Dodge. I just got sick of the GM's rusting out in 6 or 7 years and gifted my son the last one I will ever own a few years ago..and he already got rid of it for a Ford Ranger. Go figure.

gearguywb

WKR
I just got back from a round trip from KC to central Utah for an elk hunt.

2022 Tremor F350, 6.7. Kept the speed between 78 and 82 pretty much the entire trip. On the way back, filled with gear, elk, and the elk head/antlers tied to the top of the bed cover.

Averaged 18.3 MPG. Speed is the factor as these things are a brick, but I am pretty darn happy with that.

26K miles on it and no repairs.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
I ended up finding a 2017 with the 6.2 gas that already had a barely used bale bed and Thunderstruck aftermarket bumper/grill guard. It only had 38k miles and was a deal. I think it was sold because it was surging at random times, but that ended up being a relatively minor issue. Working great so far.