New Bowhunter - Bear Adapt Plus RTH Build

QBTurner7

FNG
Hello Everyone,

I have recently been bit by the bug and am trying to learn all things archery. I purchased a Bear Adapt + RTH package this Spring as a starter bow and am looking for guidance on how to build this thing out for the future.

The bow shoots great already, I can hit a vital sized grouping out to 50 yards pretty comfortably but I know there are some things that would nice to be upgraded before I take it into the field for the first time next year (first child on the way in the next couple weeks so no hunts this year).

The only thing I have noticeably had an issue with is the corded peep sight that came with the bow. It keeps breaking on me which is clearly not going to work. I am assuming I can get my local shop to install and lineup a traditional peep for me but I am worried if the strings on the bow are good enough or if I will be constantly fighting peep rotation. When I first started shooting the bow it was measuring at 71 lbs draw weight and now after a couple hundred arrows it is down to 68 lbs.

I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle the peep/strings and what other upgrades you might make to this bow (dropaway rest, upgrade to the sight, etc).

Whatever accessories I add to this bow I plan on transferring to an upgrade bow in the next couple of years and keeping the adapt as a backup.

Thanks!

IMG_1739.jpgIMG_1738.jpg

Bump79

WKR
A shop will take care of that for you but it's their busy season for sure. So I'd call and ask when a good time is first.

If you're strings are settled in after a hundred plus shots you're having peep rotation then you're strings are bad. I expect your shop could easily add half a twist and straighten it out. If not - a Bowmar peep tuner works fantastic regardless of your opinion of the guy.

If you want to do yourself you can use one of these to replace the peep with something like a RAD (check sizing). Good to have around and cheap. I'd serve with BCY 3d - if you need some I can send a few feet for install. If you're getting twisting peep I'd use a peep tuner to straighten it out.