New Bowhunter - Bear Adapt Plus RTH Build

QBTurner7

FNG
Hello Everyone,

I have recently been bit by the bug and am trying to learn all things archery. I purchased a Bear Adapt + RTH package this Spring as a starter bow and am looking for guidance on how to build this thing out for the future.

The bow shoots great already, I can hit a vital sized grouping out to 50 yards pretty comfortably but I know there are some things that would nice to be upgraded before I take it into the field for the first time next year (first child on the way in the next couple weeks so no hunts this year).

The only thing I have noticeably had an issue with is the corded peep sight that came with the bow. It keeps breaking on me which is clearly not going to work. I am assuming I can get my local shop to install and lineup a traditional peep for me but I am worried if the strings on the bow are good enough or if I will be constantly fighting peep rotation. When I first started shooting the bow it was measuring at 71 lbs draw weight and now after a couple hundred arrows it is down to 68 lbs.

I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle the peep/strings and what other upgrades you might make to this bow (dropaway rest, upgrade to the sight, etc).

Whatever accessories I add to this bow I plan on transferring to an upgrade bow in the next couple of years and keeping the adapt as a backup.

Thanks!

IMG_1739.jpgIMG_1738.jpg