New arrow advice wanted!

ssliger

WKR
I am going to start building my own arrows. I am shooting a Hoyt Rampage XT, 80lbs, 28.5" draw. I keep looking at different arrows and wanted to know what your thoughts where. I am leaning towards Easton Axis 260's with 50 grain brass inserts and 125 grain Wac-em's. Are there any new arrows I should look at? My arrows are currently 340 FMJ's with regular inserts and 100 grain heads. My arrows are cut at 29". How many people play with different arrow lengths? Thanks

OP
ssliger

ssliger

WKR
You're already shooting the Rampage......might as well check out the Black Eagle Rampages in a .250 spine. They're good arrows.

Thanks, they do look like good arrows. How are the inserts on them? What vanes do you run?

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I run 340 Easton Axis cut at 28.5 inches with 100 gr heads and Fusion vanes out of a AZ EZ mini fletch and love them. I am sure I can get heavier but I already getting great penetration (all pass through but I am hitting where I should). My rig is also very quiet and the only thing that would make me want to go heavier on arrows is if I was going after large dangerous game but then I think I would opt for a new bow (still shooting an old Hoyt Cybertech at 65 lbs). I have had such great luck with the Axis arrows that I do not plan on changing anything unless they are discontinued.