New ambient full zip with hood?

WoodBow

WKR
I got some kind of sitka ad mailer recently and I'm pretty positive it picutred an ambient full zip with a hood. I bought the jacket when I got mine because I much prefer full zip to half. But I also like a hood. Sitka site still shows the same options it always has. Anyone have intel if a new version is going to launch?

We can only hope. The women’s version is full zip with a hood, maybe it was that one?

Weve been asking for full zip with a hood since the kelvin active jacket at least. They did make the arrowhead mdwi fz with hood, but I think they’ve discontinued that line.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
We can only hope. The women’s version is full zip with a hood, maybe it was that one?

Weve been asking for full zip with a hood since the kelvin active jacket at least. They did make the arrowhead mdwi fz with hood, but I think they’ve discontinued that line.
Dang I think you're right. Seems like it was a woman in the pic.

If you a find one in your size, the discontinued arrowhead version had a full zip and hood. It is my favorite piece of clothing to come along in the last coupl of years.

Rd7fox

FNG
I don't have ambient in anything. A full zip would be great. Any advice on a new ambient version would be welcomed.

I bought the ambient hoody soon after it was released, it works like everyone says.. don't know how but its warm and you don't seem to over heat if layered correctly. Everyone is different there. My only concern is I baby the heck out of it, its near 300$ and seems fragile but its been holding up.

Im about to try to sew in a kangaroo pocket into mine. Live the pull over but not hand pockets is annoying.

FWIW, I’ve had a kangaroo pocket on mine since I got it after it was released and haven’t seen any issues in doing it. Was a bit concerned at first about the thin outer fabric on the ambient supporting the pocket, but it seems to be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

BBob

WKR
If you a find one in your size, the discontinued arrowhead version had a full zip and hood. It is my favorite piece of clothing to come along in the last coupl of years.

Still available here in all sizes:

New nothing about the arrowhead version looks like a kick asz jacket more durable for sure.

I couldn't find anything to compare sizing from Sitka for a mens small, so hopefully this helps someone in the future if they're looking.

This is the MDWi from Sitka in small. For reference, I normally wear a small in nearly all outdoor brands and would compare this to those from a fit standpoint (5'6", 145lbs, 39" Chest, 30" waist). I always have an issue with the chest being too tight, but not on this at all. I have some pieces of Sitka in medium where small isn't an option and this fits much better than those do.
IMG_7423.jpg

BBob

WKR
^^^ for comparison sake I’m 5’9” 155 39” chest 33” waist and a medium is just right for me in the MDWi. Not too tight, not too loose with room for a layer or two under. I’ve worn it with thin base merino and a Peloton 97 comfortably and easily under.

Last edited:

This is the MDWi from Sitka in small. For reference, I normally wear a small in nearly all outdoor brands and would compare this to those from a fit standpoint (5'6", 145lbs, 39" Chest, 30" waist). I always have an issue with the chest being too tight, but not on this at all. I have some pieces of Sitka in medium where small isn't an option and this fits much better than those do.
View attachment 612818
I’m basically the same size. It’s so freaking annoying that Sitka have resisted making garments in size Small for so long. Kuiu is the same. For years they claimed to be an “aspirational” brand for athletic hunters. Their words. Their clothing line skips Small, yet goes up into XXXL or something ridiculous like that. Real aspirations 🙄
Rant over.

FWIW, I’ve had a kangaroo pocket on mine since I got it after it was released and haven’t seen any issues in doing it. Was a bit concerned at first about the thin outer fabric on the ambient supporting the pocket, but it seems to be fine.
Where the heck did you find the fabric for that and who did the sewing? It looks awesome!

Where the heck did you find the fabric for that and who did the sewing? It looks awesome!

I took the kangaroo pocket off an old hoodie and had a core lightweight LS that was torn. I cut a section off of it, wrapped and sewed it over the hoodie pocket and then sewed that onto the ambient.

Ive lost a bunch of weight and its too big, if anyone wants to trade a L for the XL. let me know.

I took the kangaroo pocket off an old hoodie and had a core lightweight LS that was torn. I cut a section off of it, wrapped and sewed it over the hoodie pocket and then sewed that onto the ambient.

Ive lost a bunch of weight and its too big, if anyone wants to trade a L for the XL. let me know.
That's so awesome