New 7mm PRC

Here’s a flashback on case design… the 2000s. Faster, more accurate, less recoil! Get you some, now, you’ll be the talk of the woods!

Not knocking anyone that wants to get the 7 PRC or any other rifle, just saying it’s more marketing than it is innovation. The 6.5CM and 300 PRC were great additions but now they’re milking those concepts. I get it just not excited as other guys.

View attachment 467986
Those super shorts are so horrible looking. The 25 wssm seems to stick around though

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah only arguably the 3 most popular calibers right now

Popular or talked about? I will make a bet if we could provide the data, that there are more animals killed(or carried in the woods) this year with a .300wm or .270 than any of the new fancy Hornady calibers. Wounded may be a different story. (I kid...sort of). Don't mistake popular for buzz.

bmart2622

WKR
Popular or talked about? I will make a bet if we could provide the data, that there are more animals killed(or carried in the woods) this year with a .300wm or .270 than any of the new fancy Hornady calibers. Wounded may be a different story. (I kid...sort of). Don't mistake popular for buzz.
I said what I said.

bmart2622

WKR
Go to your local gun store and ask what they sell the most of!! It wont be 270

WCB

WKR
Yeah only arguably the 3 most popular calibers right now
not even close to the 3 most popular....6.5crd fits in one of the top spots for sure. but the PRCs are way down the list as far as overall volume on the market. Not saying they are Duds but "arguably" is a huge understatement.

No one has mentioned the fact that you could buy a factory rifle in 7 PRC and have the twist rate and potentially the magazine to load some pretty heavy monos, like the 177 Hammer Hunters. I mean, that’s pretty cool to me but I understand not everyone cares about monos.

I don't understand why someone that drives an awesome and capable 1962 Chevy (7mm Rem Mag) needs to fuss at the the guy driving the 2022( insert your favorite here) truck? I am late to the shooting game in life and grandpa did not hand down a classic capable rifle and sit around the fire and extol the benefits of the mighty 30-06. All I know is my first quality rifle in my 50s was a Fierce 6.5 CM and one day I tightened up my top knot, took aim and killed my first deer. Boom flop! More Kool-aid please. Then it was on to the 300 PRC, 6.5 PRC and now it will be the 7 PRC. I do not need to change shell holders on the press now.

Was in the store yesterday talking to the counter guy about a 410 on the shelf.
Said no one will buy it cause there is no ammo to feed it.