Never Know Who You Might Meet In the Woods

Good restraint on the hunter not to beat the living crap out of the nut bag after he got control of the situation.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dang.. Nothing like a naked Sasquatch to ruin your hunt... And, yes yet another reason to always have a Glock 20 on hand.. : )

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
I don't get it. According to the report, the hunter was "holding the man at bay with his hunting rifle". I guarantee that if I had a rifle, and someone attacked me in the woods, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. No need for a pistol, the rifle would suffice :)

boom

WKR
man..that was a crazy story.

i would have ziptied the idiot to a tree. if i couldnt control the situation, he would have been shot..rifle whipped at the very least.

glad the hunter survived.

Put yourself in the hunters shoes. You have an aggressive and unpredictable man, albeit naked, that you have to control. He isn't going to just sit there while you put down your gun and tie his hands together. I'm amazed the hunter was able to use his cell phone to call the police. As for why he didn't shoot the guy, or knock him out, think about our litigation happy society for a minute. Somebody is going to say he overreacted and abused that poor mentally ill naked man, he should have tried to help him by giving him some of his clothing or offering him food or some such nonsense.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
man..that was a crazy story.

i would have ziptied the idiot to a tree. if i couldnt control the situation, he would have been shot..rifle whipped at the very least.

glad the hunter survived.
Dang.. Now I have to add zip ties to my packing list...
Wonder how many ounces they will weigh? Who makes the best ones? What color should I go with? :)

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
Put yourself in the hunters shoes. You have an aggressive and unpredictable man, albeit naked, that you have to control. He isn't going to just sit there while you put down your gun and tie his hands together. I'm amazed the hunter was able to use his cell phone to call the police. As for why he didn't shoot the guy, or knock him out, think about our litigation happy society for a minute. Somebody is going to say he overreacted and abused that poor mentally ill naked man, he should have tried to help him by giving him some of his clothing or offering him food or some such nonsense.

True and so unfortunate! On a side note, not sure you would have ever heard about this happening up here!

colonel00

WKR
I always carry a coupe 24" or 36" zip ties. I figure they would be good for multiple things but never imagined I would need them to subdue a shorn sasquatch