Which rifle would you choose?

I won a raffle and have my choice of three different 300wm. Which would you choose?

Tikka t3x lite stainless 300wm
Cva cascade LRH 300wm
Bergara b-14 wilderness terrain 300wm

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
A shitty Bergara 300WM that wouldn't shoot and Bergara wouldn't stand behind is the reason I picked up a Tikka in the first place.

Much nicer rifles in every way. CVA is just a cheaper Bergarbage.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Asking this question on Rokslide yields a very predictable answer: Tikka T3X.

And then we'll advise you to sell it, or to rebarrel and swap the bolt so you can shoot a caliber that you can spot your shots with and that you'll enjoy shooting enough to increase proficiency. And that shooting a mono or a controlled expansion bullet with a .300 WM is less effective terminally than shooting a smaller caliber with a match or other tipped, fragmenting bullet.

Last edited:
I won a raffle and have my choice of three different 300wm. Which would you choose?

Tikka t3x lite stainless 300wm
Cva cascade LRH 300wm
Bergara b-14 wilderness terrain 300wm
Would a Tikka T3X Lite in 300 WM kick like a pissed off mule?
Really like my T3X Super Varmint but can’t objectively compare it to the other two because I’ve personally never seen/handled/shot the other two choices. IMHO that’s the only way to get truly worthwhile information. Otherwise it’s just fan boys of a given brand promoting said brand.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I would choose the tikka and then sell the new 300wm barrel and build off the action.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Would a Tikka T3X Lite in 300 WM kick like a pissed off mule?
Really like my T3X Super Varmint but can’t objectively compare it to the other two because I’ve personally never seen/handled/shot the other two choices. IMHO that’s the only way to get truly worthwhile information. Otherwise it’s just fan boys of a given brand promoting said brand.
A tikka 300wm in a factory stock without a brake is borderline unshootable.

TN2shot07

WKR
If I was going to keep it the Bergara, but I have a ton of 700 stuff already. If you’re going to sell it probably the Tikka

Ucsdryder

WKR
This kind of defeatist info is really counterproductive. It takes discipline, but it are a very shootable gun/cartridge combo, and can easily be toned down with a different recoil pad.
I’ll call bullshit. Been there done that. Recoil pad didn’t help enough to matter. Somewhere in my 17000 pictures on my phone I have a picture of my shoulder the day after shooting 20-30 rounds. Black blue and purple.

For contrast I have a 300 Norma improved and even unsuppressed it’s more comfortable with 245s than that shitty 300wm.