Need some input on vacuum/chamber sealer

satchamo

WKR
Im using an AVID chamber sealer from amazon half the weight of the Vac master and much cheaper. Going strong on hundreds of pounds of elk,deer and salmon. Would but another in a heart beat. 1000 4 mil 13x10 bags is $100 from webrestarunt

Which model

OP
ddavis_1313
As I've said in other threads, I have a VP215 with a 10" sealing bar. My only regret is not going larger with the 230 and 12" sealing bar as I use a lot of 6" wide bags. Being able to do 2 at a time is well worth it.

I ordered a thousand bags of each.

10x12
8x10
6x10

Is there another size or bigger size worth getting? I have the vp230 on the way and should be delivered today.

Also, these are all 4 mil bags. Any issues with 4 mil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddavis_1313
Im using an AVID chamber sealer from amazon half the weight of the Vac master and much cheaper. Going strong on hundreds of pounds of elk,deer and salmon. Would but another in a heart beat. 1000 4 mil 13x10 bags is $100 from webrestarunt

How are you liking the 4 mil bags? Are the 5 mil worth sending 3000 bags back in exchange? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Is there another size or bigger size worth getting?
I use a lot of 10x15 for larger cuts. Remember you can and will use a bag longer than stated maximum for your machine when you stuff large roasts and things into the bag. You’ll need that extra length to be able to get the open end to lay perfectly flat for sealing. Any little wrinkle in the seam will leak.

I use a bunch of 3mil bags and don’t have any issues if you don’t bang them around. All of my sausages are in 3mil, stacked vertically in cardboard boxes and none have leaked. Stacked that way in boxes keeps them from getting knocked around.

manitou1

WKR
Check out the Vevor DZ 260.

We love ours. $300 and will seal 12" bags.

Lots of food processors and restaurants using them.

You're welcome! 😁