Need some input on vacuum/chamber sealer

Right now I’m between Weston 3000 vaccines sealed vs vacmaster vp230. The only reason for the vp230 over the vp215 is for the ability to do 2 6” wide bags at the same time.

Who can explain some of the differences between these two. Pros and cons. What can one over the other. Been trying to look this up for a week and still not able to find a good comparison or understand the difference between a vacuum sealer vs a chamber sealer.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chamber sealers are wayyy better at getting air out and sealing. Basically you put the entire bag of meat or whatever in the chamber and the whole chamber gets a hard vacuum. The vacuum sealer just pulls air out from one end of the bag. I have the vp230 and it’s ok for a vac sealer. I haven’t ponied up the money for a chamber sealer yet but I want one bad.

Beendare

WKR
Good comment^.

More suction is better.
The chamber sealers are better.

I have the Foodsaver home version [for about 10 years now] and it's just OK. It works and meat lasts a long time in the freezer but sometimes sections of the meat have a little air bubble the food saver just doesn't have enough suction to get out.

FWIW, Doing 2 bags at once wouldn't even be a factor for me- one at a time is fine as I'm usually prepping another so no wasted time.

CorbLand

WKR
Been a while since I looked at them and I cant remember everything from when I was researching them but I would make sure you compare the time you have to take between seals. That time really can add up. I think mine is 15 seconds, which I just seal, put it in a box and then prep the next one.

As for getting all the air out. Pull on the corners of the bag when it starts to vacuum. Really helps get everything out.