Need Roomate to split costs of fantastic Apartment

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I love San Diego. I did my undergrad at UCSD and while I was there I spent a lot of time admiring the beauty of La Jolla. I still go back to visit sometimes, but I don’t think I would ever move back there.
It's very close to UCSD. You could walk or bike.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Look else where in SD I pay 1600 a month for a one bedroom one bath. Including 2 parking spots and water. I'm down in Point Loma. I wouldn't touch that apartment with a 10ft pole even if I had the money.

I still think this guy is having a stroke or this is somehow a cry for help.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Just venting. I moved to SD in 1983 and my buddy and I split $250 for a two bedroom near SDSU. No, it wasn't in a nice area. I'm paying $2,400 for a house valued at $1 mill about 12 miles away. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I'm basically shocked that people would live in such expensive apartments. Extremely shocked. It's a free country, but not so much in California. To each his own. I'm so damn cheap it hurts to think about.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
OCD alert, OCD alert....Tripping on how fast sleepy Ole San Diego is changing!!! And how many luxury Apartments are going up, up, up. It's paying my salary, so I'm not complaining. Just amazed all that money for rent and nothing to show for it.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
In the 1980s, I moved in with a woman who had a rent-controlled apartment near UCLA and Santa Monica. I think we paid $600 a month for 2 bedroom with 1 bathroom and 2 parking spots under a canopy. I married her rather than lose out on that bargain. Moved to the NW a few years later and bought a home with 20% down after a few months there as housing seemed on sale. We got 3 bedrooms and 3 baths and 2 car garage with our own yard on a cul-de-sac for about 2x what we paid in rent with a 6% or so 30 year fixed rate. The 2x amount included property tax and insurance along with the mortgage payment. A friend from L.A. visited and thought we must have had a secret trust fund or were running a drug cartel to live in a normal neighborhood with a home and a yard.

rclouse79

WKR
What are the Vegas odds on this guy finding a roommate on Rokslide after that post? My guess is they would have made the odds on Rich Strike look like a sure thing.

tk44

FNG
Classified Approved
Just venting. I moved to SD in 1983 and my buddy and I split $250 for a two bedroom near SDSU. No, it wasn't in a nice area. I'm paying $2,400 for a house valued at $1 mill about 12 miles away. Blows my mind.

How much did you purchase the home for? Having a home valued at 1mil with a mortgage at 2.4k/m is very different than purchasing a home for 1mil with a mortgage for 2.4k/m.

A 2mil home with 30 yr fixed is around 10k/m

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
How much did you purchase the home for? Having a home valued at 1mil with a mortgage at 2.4k/m is very different than purchasing a home for 1mil with a mortgage for 2.4k/m.

A 2mil home with 30 yr fixed is around 10k/m
Right! $300k loan for $330k house in February 2001. Mortgage has been about $1,800 a month. I've refinanced a couple of times. I figure if I rented my house I could get $4k a month, maybe? Probably less. I went on a tour of a private terminal at an airport and was looking at two visiting Cessna Citation Mustang jets. The terminal owner said they are going for about $3 million used. I looked them up and they are going for about $2 million used and an add stated $10k a month. Amusing to me, that high priced apartments seem ridiculous to me and yet personal jests are extremely cool!!! Anyone want to be a part owner on a personal jet? I remember my dad co-owned most of his planes.

Matt9122

FNG
I'm confused. Is this whole post just to complain about the cost of a brand new, luxury penthouse, on the water, in one of the most expensive parts of the country? Or is this just to brag about a million dollar house and looking at million dollar planes?