Need rangefinder with a BLACK display

willicd

FNG
I’m color blind and need a rangefinder with a black display. I can’t see the red displays at all. Can someone point me In the right direction please. Google was very little help.

CorbLand

WKR
A man of culture like myself.

The only one I know of off the top of my head.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Thanks guys. I found that Leupold and shopping for the best price now. I looked at the bushnell line and everything I saw was red display.

CorbLand

WKR
Sig used to make a black display too but I don’t know if they still make it.

BBob

WKR
FWIW I’m red green color blind and I’ve always been able to see the Leica red displays but the Sig not so much. Have you tried looking through a Leica just to see if you can see the reticle?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My buddy has an older Sig unit that works really well in general. It has a black display that really like.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
FWIW I’m red green color blind and I’ve always been able to see the Leica red displays but the Sig not so much. Have you tried looking through a Leica just to see if you can see the reticle?
I bought a Leica 1200 when they first came out. Didn’t work for me.

Lytro

WKR
A man of culture like myself.

The only one I know of off the top of my head.
I wish I would've went this route when I upgraded my rifle rangefinder last year. I bought the RX-2800 and it has a red display. Very difficult to see for me in snowy conditions.

JrCaps

FNG
I use a bushnell broadhead for bowhunting that can display in either red or black. Very accurate compared to my Leica 2800.COM. The only issue I've had with it was on a cold (10*f) PA archery hunt this year the engagement button was acting up. I wouldn't suggest it for rifle work in sub freezing tempratures.