Need New Gaiters

Tpoko1623

FNG
For guys with skinny calves nice fitting gaiters are hard to come by. Kuiu kutana work and so do Ram rivers from outdoor vision

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have a pair of Kuiu Chucaghs that are 10 years old and hanging on by a thread. They've been to the repair shop a half a dozen times over the years for strap replacements and patches, but I realistically should have replaced them 2-3 years ago. They are fully delaminated.

Anyway, interested in a good balance of breathability (my feet get HOT) and durability (local terrain is rugged). I tend to only wear them when its wet out.

Looking at the Stone Glacier gaiters vs. the Kuiu Yukons. I like the strap design on the SGs, but concerned a bit about the breathability. I've had some issues with Kuiu's straps breaking underfoot and wearing at the stitching points. Of course, I continue to be surprised my old ones have lasted for as long as they did even with repairs. I should reasonably expect 3-4 seasons out of a pair given the use and assume some level quality decline from modern Kuiu vs. 2014.

Any strong opinions?

I have a pair of Kuiu Yukons and are pair of the T&K gaiters. The Kuiu are more comfortable and lighter, the T&Ks are bomb proof.

If you want to try either let me know, I’ll be passing through Durango tomorrow and Saturday.