need more quick storage on my T1 on the lid

I have a standard lid on my Original Timberline1. I would like to replace it with a lid that is has an integrated pouch. This would be for easy access to smaller Items when i didn't want to open the pack up. The 2 other Kifaru lids seem to be too much for what i need(hvy/large). I use my T1 as a daypack a lot. Side/belt pockets just get in the way. any thoughts on just a lid with just a zip opening? Maybe one of the other mfg? Maybe i am just not seeing the Kifaru answer. BTW I love this pack!

bbrown

WKR
I sewed a chamber pocket to the seams on the underside of the standard lid on my T3 - not very big but was a nice addition to keep a few small odds and ends handy. There is a thread on it in the DIY section somewhere but it was very easy.

chopchop

FNG
I sewed a chamber pocket to the seams on the underside of the standard lid on my T3 - not very big but was a nice addition to keep a few small odds and ends handy. There is a thread on it in the DIY section somewhere but it was very easy.

I did the same with a medium pullout on another pack. If you sew 3 of the 4 sides, you also get a nice little slip pocket for gloves/hat/etc. Works great for me.

The old emr/mmr lids had a just zipper pocket underneath, I think.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
You can put a large waistbelt pocket on top of the standard lid pretty easy. Been doing that since we started using Kifaru packs back in 2011.

On top of a Bikini Frame, Highcamp 7K packbag w/standard lid, large KU waistbelt pocket:

Duplex frame, Rondy 8500 cu in packbag standard toplid, KU wasitbelt pocket again on top:

Not sure why the photo was in dramatic mode for a living room shot......I believe I posted this pic in a hurry beggin Aron to invent something to better handle packrafts and such....luckily he was already working on developing the EMR 2 :)

KU 5200 with large KU waistbelt pocket on top:

Standard Timberline 1 with large KU waistbelt pocket on top:

Of course you don't have to get the KU model if you want it to match...but I didn't care that much and will take the weight savings and more importantly I already owned it ;)

husky390

WKR
I did the same thing Luke did but with one of the Dock and Lock pouches on my T1. Luke's idea is better since you wouldn't have the straps of the pouch in the way.