need hunter orange

bowinhand

WKR
Two cheap small dia. Mesh vests one for me and one for my CB color pack. I use a cheap BO due rag from wally world that fits over pretty much any hat or alone.

colonel00

WKR
Anybody have anything other than hats or the cheapo vests? Specifically, I was just out in Wyoming chasing deer and only had an orange ball cap on. This was fine except for the fact that the temps dropped and the wind was whipping. So, I had one or both hoods up a lot of the time which only left the brim of my cap exposed from the front. I wouldn't mind finding something else that showed a little orange. Perhaps a blaze orange shemagh/bandana that could be worn or tied to my pack?

bbrown

WKR
Not clothing but a blaze orange grab it helps - it will be on my pack next weekend here in CO. We are different than WY though and have to have so many inches of orange. Always worried if I ran into the wrong game warden with my pack on they may get me. At least this shows the "effort"...

Jimbob

WKR
Cheap blaze orange vest in fleece that goes over my camo has worked perfectly for years.

I just bought this hat and sprayed on some DWR and it is great. Very lightweight and soft material and with the spray it beads up water. The hat comes in blaze orange.

http://gamehide.com/shop/sporting-hat/

I didn't want to pay the price of a UA blaze hat so that was the cheaper option. The UA didn't impress as anything special. I love the Sitka cap though, I have contacted them about making it in blaze. Do the same. If enough people say they want it then it will get produced.

dotman

WKR
it's great to have good clothes and camo, but CO still says i have to wear 500 hunter orange and an orange hat. Why doesn't first lite or someone make merino orange (or have i just not found it?)?

Any orange vest recommendations? I have a cheap walmart special, but it seems like there should be something better. And my orange trucker hat is great for an hour or so, but i can't imaging wearing that thing for a week in the CO back country.

All help appreciated.

FL has you covered with a hat http://www.firstlite.com/brimmed-beanie.html

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
I found a sweet orange puffy vest at Marshall's on sale for $20, and got a Stormy Kromer on Amazon. Vest worked great as a layer and pillow for me