Need help with a Kryptek purchase

colonel00

WKR
First, are there any Rokslide sponsers that sell Kryptek aside from Kryptek themselves? I usually try to give business to companies that support great sites like this.

Now, the better half has offered to get me a Koldo jacket (in solid gray) that I would love to have as a test on my upcoming fishing trip in Alaska. Granted, it isn't going to be tough hiking or packing but it should still see its share of rain. I was really looking at the Koldo in solid gray. I see the Kryptek has it in medium and extra large and since it lists them like that I assume they are in stock and ready to ship. However, I am not seeing a sizing chart so I am a little wary since XL is usually alright but sometimes a XXL for an outer layer is better. So, below are my main questions. Thanks for any input.

1. If it appears to be in stock on the Kryptek site does it usually ship fairly quickly? I leave in 2.5 weeks so this would be close with any delays.

2. I am going to try to get up to Cabela's as I believe they have Koldo jackets on display but in camo but I can hopefully get a sizing comparison. Regardless, is there a sizing chart or something for the jackets?

3. In the ordering options there is a dropbox that says "Velcro" but I don't see any mention of what this is. I guess it may not matter since the only option is to leave it blank or select "No" but I would like to know just in case. Any insight?

Thanks in advance and please feel free to offer up any opinions or experience with the jacket as well.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Cabelas, Sportsmans, Bass Pro and a couple other stores will be carrying Kryptek, but the Kryptek store is the best place to order at this point.

I'll get an exact date on when it would ship, but feel free to call me with questions on sizing.

720-937-1418

Daniel_M

WKR
What is it that you are wanting? There is a limited run of Kryptek to be found locally.

Koldo Jackets / Pants
Cadog Chield Jackets / Pants
Sherpa Shirts

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
I think cabelas may have an exclusive.

Cabelas, Sportsmans, Bass Pro and a couple other stores will be carrying Kryptek, but the Kryptek store is the best place to order at this point.

I'll get an exact date on when it would ship, but feel free to call me with questions on sizing.

720-937-1418

Thanks. I will give you a ring if I can't find them at my local Cabela's to check sizing.

Kryptek sizing page right here.

Id order right fromt heir website if you need it in a hurry. You could always call to order as well and let them know that you need it fast.

Wow, I am blind. I was looking for the usual link on the actual product page and never even saw the huge link in the drop menu for Products.

Thanks for the quick responses. I really look forward giving the jacket a go.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
What is it that you are wanting? There is a limited run of Kryptek to be found locally.

Koldo Jackets / Pants
Cadog Chield Jackets / Pants
Sherpa Shirts

Right now I am just looking at the Koldo in solid gray.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Thats a negative.
I ordered mine about 13 days ago, still in shipping status.

Bummer, you ordered the Koldo in gray in XL? It isn't life or death but I thought it would be a good test. Plus, I am pretty sure that if I buy a new rain jacket, it will be sunny and nice every day :D

Daniel_M

WKR
Bummer, you ordered the Koldo in gray in XL? It isn't life or death but I thought it would be a good test. Plus, I am pretty sure that if I buy a new rain jacket, it will be sunny and nice every day :D

No, Highlander. I actually picked up 1 set locally, but then ordered an XL-Long to see the fit. Generally there's more crotchroom. One point I dislike about pants in general is when they drag the ground, so if the Longs have that potential, I'll keep the regular XL.'

And I just checked, my order is in Anchorage. Booooyah.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Well that is good news. Hopefully Aron can find out some info on shipping dates or I will just call them once I confirm the size I need.

Anybody know what the Velcro option is? I guess I can just ask them if/when I call.

kaboku68

WKR
SW in Anch/Fai/Was/Sol should have the Koldo jacket and pants by the time you arrive. However, Kryptek is really a hot seller in AK. You might have to rush order from the site because XL is not hanging around.

Sincerely,
Thomas

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
I will definitely check out SW and if I don't get an order placed that that is a good backup option. Sounds like I should just buy out my Cabela's of all of their Kryptek gear and bring it up with me to sell on a street corner.

RyanC

WKR
The Velcro option is if you want to put any patches on them. Some of the Tactical Teams out there buy Kryptek and place patches on the shoulders so Kryptek offers a lot of their kit with the velcro option. So unless you plan on putting a velcro patch or name tape of some kind on your rain gear I would opt for No Velcro.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

cmeier117

WKR
I will say I got a large in all of my tops except the Merino and it all fits great! The merino will shrink a little and I could have gotten away with a large. FYI I am 5' 11" 190lbs 33 inch waist or so.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Alright, hit Cabela's and tried on the Koldo in Highlander camo and an XL seems to fit nicely. Just need to call Kryptek I guess and verify that they have the solid gray one in stock and can get it here in 2 weeks.

Now, while I was there I figured I would give the Koldo pants a whirl to see what size i might want in those. Man, who do they make these pants for? I was swimming in size XL and couldn't raise my legs without hiking the pants way up. Size L would only fit if I stripped down to my "base layer" and even then the legs were binding. Anyway, that is a rant for another thread on another day.

Thanks to those that chimed in and helped.