Rain gear recommendations for Idaho hunt September - October

DanimalW

WKR
I have an older pair of Sitka Dewpoint pants that I bought on a closeout sale and a Kuiu Chugach jacekt. Dewpoint is more packable, but the Chugach is quieter and has somewhat of a 4-way stretch to it so it's more comfortable to wear.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Unless camo is an absolute requirement, I’d also check out the OR Foray line. You can get the jacket in either coyote brown or dark green and the pants in black or coyote brown. OR runs some decent sales throughout the year and the major outdoor retailers (REI, Moosejaw, Backcountry, etc) also run various sales so you can probably get the set a fair amount cheaper than a comparable set from a hunting brand.

OP
P
I spent two full days in my Sitka Dewpoint top/bottoms in the Bob Marshall Wilderness last May- probably close to 40 miles (and over 20 hours on the trail) with rain falling ~ 80% of the time (light to heavy), temps in the upper 30's to mid 40's. Plenty of crawling through nasty blowdown sections too.

I'm giving them a solid two thumbs up, they are definitely going with me this August to the Brooks Range.

OjCe0x5.jpg
Thanks good suggestion

milljaco

FNG
I’d agree with the earlier statement of good boots and fitness and add good gaiters! Decent rain gear is a good idea as well. I’ve seen a bit of everything idaho has to offer while in the frank in fall. Sitka dew point has held up fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk