Need help understanding slider archery sight function

footingit

FNG
Stalk to edge of cliff and spot billy standing below, grab range finder and range him, lower range finder and use right hand to set sight, draw bow and settle pin in kill zone, execute shot. That's how my I did using a moveable sight for the first time.

I think it works better for spot and stalk, the animal is usually fairly still and you are taking your time coming in. In a stand or calling then animals is moving and more unpredictable.

I just see it as part of the shot process. Rushing in archery can be problematic sometimes so slowing down is not a huge deal.

I have three pins so if I need to shoot quick I can, if not I can adjust sight to exact yardage and be more precise.
Thanks, this is helpful! When getting my new bow, the bow shop owner talked me in to an HHA Tetra single pin slider. I’m thinking for treestand hunting whitetails, I’ll range my shooting lanes and memorize the distances. As a deer comes in, I’ll dial in the appropriate distance for that lane. Idk, we’ll see how it goes.