Need Help: SFP Hunting Scope w/exposed turrets.

Unckebob

WKR
A few years ago, my doctors found a tumor in my head that pushing my leye out of my head. The surgery went well, but my vision is a mess. I still see ok, but it is harder to focus

Long story short:
- I cannot use a FFP for (cannot see the reticle well enough at lower powers) hunting.
- While I can see the hash marks on a SFP scope, I would rather use a dial for taking longer hunting shots.

I would like to keep the cost of the scope less than $1,000 that has exposed.

Other than Leuphold, does anyone make a hunting suitable scope (reasonable weight, 12-15 max. magnification) in my price range with exposed turrets?

Article 4

WKR
A few years ago, my doctors found a tumor in my head that pushing my leye out of my head. The surgery went well, but my vision is a mess. I still see ok, but it is harder to focus

Long story short:
- I cannot use a FFP for (cannot see the reticle well enough at lower powers) hunting.
- While I can see the hash marks on a SFP scope, I would rather use a dial for taking longer hunting shots.

I would like to keep the cost of the scope less than $1,000 that has exposed.

Other than Leuphold, does anyone make a hunting suitable scope (reasonable weight, 12-15 max. magnification) in my price range with exposed turrets?
Vortex Viper PST can be had on sale for about 975.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Take a look at the Element Helix HDLR 2-16x50 SFP
  • 30mm Main Body Tube
  • 8x Zoom Optical System
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Second Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
  • Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
  • Tool-Free Exposed Elevation Turret, Capped Windage Turret
  • Zero Stop
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth & Lens Caps Included

180ls1

WKR
I'm going to go against the grain here and say you need to go look through them in person. While a lot of these suggestions are "good," given your condition you need something that works for YOU.

Order a bunch from a place with a good return policy and/or go to stores where you can look through them.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
I'm going to go against the grain here and say you need to go look through them in person. While a lot of these suggestions are "good," given your condition you need something that works for YOU.

Order a bunch from a place with a good return policy and/or go to stores where you can look through them.

At this point, I am looking for a list to track down and try.

Definitely try a Nightforce NSX 2.5-10x42 along with the Trijicon Credo. The huskemaws I’ve used in the past have been great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk