Need Great book for flight to South Africa

Man, I tried the McCarthy thing and it just didn't get it's hooks in me. How far in until it gets good?

To the OP American Serengeti or American buffalo are both great

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

About a third of the way through all the pretty horses. After that I couldn't put it down and read the rest of the trilogy in short order. Full disclosure I do skim a little when he gets real deep into his metaphysical rabbit holes. Just keep going until he gets back to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like turkeys Illumination in the flatwoods, Coyote America.

About a third of the way through all the pretty horses. After that I couldn't put it down and read the rest of the trilogy in short order. Full disclosure I do skim a little when he gets real deep into his metaphysical rabbit holes. Just keep going until he gets back to the story.

Well said. He does go down rabbit holes. Like you, I plowed through the rest of the border trilogy after reading all the pretty horses. I credit MeatEater for turning me onto these novels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Into the wild, not really hunting but definitely a good read

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Incidents from an Elephant Hunters Diary by WDM Bell. The Wanderers by Van Zil. Something a little different is A Thousand Trails Through Africa by Isabel De Quintanilla wife of Tony Sanchez-Arino.

Last time I did a 10+ hour flight, though, I read the instructions on a bottle of Ambien and slept.

Jeremy

Anything jack oconnor, PO ackley, jim Corbett, and Sir Edmond Hillary, on top of the world.

Corbett and Bell are good choices. Personally, I think Death in the Long Grass (and Silent Places and Dark Contintent) as the Maneaters of Tsavo are great options.

Back