Need advice: Creek walking boots

Dr. Zeus

FNG
During the spring/summer I like to go walking through the creeks in search of arrowheads and other artifacts. In the past I have used muck cool chores, but anyone with any experience with mucks will realize that they only last about a year before either they develope a hole or the padding inside the heel breaks down, resulting in blisters and pain with every step. The arch support on them isn't enough for me which usually leads to a sore back. And $150-$200 is alot for yearly disposable boots. I'm curious as to I'd anyone knows of a tall, waterproof, uninsulated, boot of good quality with good arch structure that could last me for a long time if cared for appropriately. Please let me know what you think will meet my criteria for my hobby. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

That's not been my experience with Muck boots. I often wear mine entire days on construction sites during our mud seasons.

I add a heat moldable insole for better fit and typically wear two pairs of socks for moisture management.

For a different brand, maybe try Noble. They're the same style as Muck but a much tighter fit and possibly more arch.

If you aren't actually in water all that much, hikers with gaiters might be a better option.

GerGa

FNG
Have you considered hip waders? Too tall & overkill for the depth of water?
I wear stocking foot waders that require separate boots. I only have experience with my cheap wading boots which may not have enough arch support for you but the expensive wading boots may have more support.

Mag_7s

WKR
Korkers Devil Canyon. This is a wadding boot that you can swap the soles on. Felt, studded felt, rubber, ect. You can swap the soles out in about two minutes to what ever sole the substrate calls for. They are a very tough boot. I would also recommend wearing a neoprene booty or wadding socks.

Wrench

WKR
If mucks did alright, extra tuffs will do as well to better and longer.

There's a reason they were known as the alaskan slipper.

I have a set of 1999 usa made ones here still wearing them without cracks.

Macintosh

WKR
Wading boots suggestions worth looking into.
If you want a rubber knee boot rather than something like that, look at le chameau leather lined chasseur boots. They are shockingly expensive, but they’ll last several times longer than the mucks. Ive found in the long run the price is about the same or maybe even a bit less, you just have to pay it all up front. I was going through a pair of the neoprene-lined boots every 6 months by wearing through the heel, and these I get about 5-6 years out of before they start developing holes, etc. the sole is pretty soft but has good traction, Put a superfeet or other good quality insole in them and they will be pretty good for all day use. The leather lining is fairly grippy on your foot too' so while they arent a hiking boot you can deal with terrain in them a lot better than other rubber boots Ive used, and they dont feel as clammy in warm weather as well. I use mine for partridge hunting and for deer hunting around here, which is a good mix of small mountains and swampy bottomlands. the weak spot in them is the zipper pulls—not the zipper itself, those have lasted well for me, its the pulls. The little wire fatigues and breaks. Just thread some 3mm cord through the zipper, knot it, and you’re good to go for another several years.