Need 7mm Rem mag rifle suggestions

I have several 7mm rem mags, rem 700, winchester 70, and a tikka t3x superlight. My absolute favorite is the tikka, just put a MESA stock on it, didn't need it, as factory was under 1MOA all day. But now it is @ 1/2MOA as long as i do my part. I think for the money that Tikka is hard to beat for a great all around rifle. I have 3 of the tx3's, 270 win, 7mm mag, and a 7mm-08. all are amazing shooters. I put the Limsaver pad on all of them and could shoot the 7mm mag all day with out a sore shoulder.

f16jack

WKR
I have several 7mm rem mags, rem 700, winchester 70, and a tikka t3x superlight. My absolute favorite is the tikka, just put a MESA stock on it, didn't need it, as factory was under 1MOA all day. But now it is @ 1/2MOA as long as i do my part. I think for the money that Tikka is hard to beat for a great all around rifle. I have 3 of the tx3's, 270 win, 7mm mag, and a 7mm-08. all are amazing shooters. I put the Limsaver pad on all of them and could shoot the 7mm mag all day with out a sore shoulder.
Tikka 3x superlight. 6.6 lbs, stainless synthetic. The Tikka 3x Light Veil Alpine is 7.1 lbs, Cerekote synthetic, threaded barrel (for that suppressor down the road). I'd look for a lightweight, synthetic, stainless/cerekote etc. barrel, threaded. This is where my Kimber comes in, at 6 lbs 7 oz. Compare other rifles with similar characteristics and choose between them. Another might be the Browning X-bolt Mountain Pro. 6.4 lbs, Cerakote, Carbon fiber.

Last edited:
Savage storm(not threaded) and take extra cash and by really nice scope or ultralite (threaded) if weight is a concern . As above consider 7 mm prc over 7 mag . 7 mag ammo easy to find and great cartridge . Prc without belt probably a little easier to reload . Once 7 mm prc catches on hornady will keep the market fed with ammo . Weird nowadays how ammo manufactures can influence whether a new cartridge will make it or not based on availibility of ammo vs the attributes of the cartridge itself . Good luck nothing more fun than buying a new rifle !

eric1115

WKR
Do you handload? If no, and no plans to, Tikka all day.

If you hand load, something that gives you some more room in the magazine would be my preference to get the most out of that cartridge. I have a Bergara Ridge that I get great accuracy out of with 180 Berger Hybrids, but I'm well over SAAMI length. I would probably not try to load that bullet to SAAMI length.

I don't know if I'd recommend current production Bergara, as it seems like they have had some QC issues recently, but mine from about 3 years ago is a gem. It seems to me like the higher end ones have continued to be very good, and the basic B14 series has started to slip, but definitely don't take that as a definitive recommendation.