Mystery Ranch to sell REI type packs to the masses of asses.....

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
Its pretty obvious they are going for pure increase in volume by doing this.

elkyinzer

WKR
This does suck but it's the way of the world now. There's no going back to the days of American manufacturing but that's a separate debate.

Question....since I already own the NICE frame and don't plan to drop coin on a new pack frame anytime in the next decade or so, I can add bags from the military line and the attachment points to the NICE frame would be the same? I have the crew cab which is awesome for the versatility, with a dry bag I can get over 5000 cu3 but I could see myself wanting the 6500 or 7500 for an extended mountain hunt at some point.

Shrek

WKR
Holy hell Shrek. Bitter much? They will probably go tits up if they don't move production overseas.
If Stone Glacier and Exo can make it here with no experience then why can't mystery ranch ? I don't think greed at the expense of America should be rewarded. If they had kept the hunting line here and had added the big box line I might feel a little different but they didn't.

Shrek

WKR
You really need to get a clue. I really wish the mods would get you rid of you. Your negativity and constant bullshit is overwhelming.

I want to tell you from the bottom of my heart to " Go Find Yours " and there is an ignore function on this sight so you don't ever have to read any of my posts.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Outside of a couple small items like buckles , perhaps webbing SO packs are 100 percent US. Some of the hardware is US as well or of military spec / origin

Foam is euro EVA not sure where that fits , but is is the best long term foam you can find

Shrek

WKR
Sorry KevinT , I forgot you guys at SO and Paradox getting it done in the USA. A lot of great companies to support building products and along with it building America not being parasites on our economy.

JWP58

WKR
Sorry KevinT , I forgot you guys at SO and Paradox getting it done in the USA. A lot of great companies to support building products and along with it building America not being parasites on our economy.

So you don't own anything not made in the USA right?

dotman

WKR
Alright back on topic. Everything is speculation other then MR is coming out with a new line for the masses.

Shrek

WKR
My livelihood is import and export. I own a truck that I pick up and deliver containers with at the port. 90+ of every 100!containers I touch is coming in full and leaving empty. Of the containers I take into the port full most are loaded with scrap metal , aluminum ore , clay , ect. Raw materials mostly. We even export whole pine logs so they can be milled into lumber in east Asia. Most of the warehouses are manned by temp workers. Ten years ago they were rent a drunks but now they are increasingly rent a college graduate. Shipping our manufacturing over seas for a quick buck is eating the heart out of this country. I'm a nationalist and love this country. I could give a damn about anyone anywhere else when push comes to shove. If I ever have to choose between sacrificing one American or every other man , woman , and child on earth then I hate it for them.

Last edited:

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
If Stone Glacier and Exo can make it here with no experience then why can't mystery ranch ? I don't think greed at the expense of America should be rewarded. If they had kept the hunting line here and had added the big box line I might feel a little different but they didn't.

Who say's Exo and Stone Glacier are making it? Are you making that assumption by trolling the forums and noting people buying their packs? They are selling packs, but that is a long way from profitability and a sustainable business. Without a look inside their books, we'll never know. If they are still around in 3 - 5 years, we'll know if they are successful. I truly hope they are, but we just won't know.

mmw194287

WKR
My livelihood is import and export. I own a truck that I pick up and deliver containers with at the port. 90+ of every 100!containers I touch is coming in full and leaving empty. Of the containers I take into the port full most are loaded with scrap metal , aluminum ore , clay , ect. Raw materials mostly. We even export whole pine logs so they can be milled into lumber in east Asia. Most of the warehouses are manned by temp workers. Ten years ago they were rent a drunks but now they are increasingly rent a college graduate. Shipping our manufacturing over seas for a quick buck is eating the heart out of this country. I'm a nationalist and love this country. I could give a damn about anyone anywhere else when push comes to shove. If I ever have to choose between sacrificing one American or every other man , woman , and child on earth then I hate it for them.

Why don't you only transport made in the USA products on your truck? You are insisting that other business owners prioritize values over their bottom line, and meanwhile you are driving full containers to ports and leaving empty--making a living by participating in the very processes of global outsourcing that you so fervently oppose.

Shrek

WKR
Ok, then climb down off that high horse.

I'll climb down when I take every container loaded both ways with finished goods. Until then I'm going to be pissed about every company that goes for a quick buck and undermines this country.

Shrek

WKR
First I believe in fair trade and second it's the work that is there to be done. I will push for American made and choose it as much as I can and hope others will make the same choices. My son will graduate from college in a year and a half and I wished he was entering a job market that offered better prospects for all Americans than I did and that's not the case. I believe he is positioned to do well but that doesn't mean the rest of the country is looking at a bright future.