Last edited:
OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
You sir are an artist.
Thanks for sharing.
Do I you sell somewhere?
Thx. I still have lots to learn. Not really selling them just yet other than to friends and a few people locally here. Eventually I plan to sell them but I have crazy high standards so want to be 100% I can put out a top notch product 1st. Really just some fit and finish work that I feel still needs practice until I am happy. Functionally everything I have put out should be money just some cosmetic work could be improved IMHO. Will probably be offering a few up for field testing here in near future to Roksliders for cost of shipping and feedback.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
I started with a cheap 2x42 Craftsman belt grinder but it just ran way too fast so I quickly moved up to a 2x72 belt grinder. A buddy was wanting to take up the hobby so he bought a 2x72 from Origin Blade Maker and had about $1500 into it. I gave him the space in my shop to set it up and got use of it. We used it for about a year and he ended up moving to Sweden so I had to start over so I got a build kit from Becks Armory and have just over a grand in my new 2x72 with variable speed. I find myself using the 2x72 almost every day for other stuff as well so its been a great addition to the shop. Lots of guys start out with a cheap 1x30 or 2x42 and turn out amazing knives so it can be done. Of course I decided I needed all sorts of other tools to make things faster so as a portaband and table, disc grinder, etc so if I really added it all up I bet there is easy 2 grand in it all maybe more. If you are a patient person it can all be done with an angle grinder, basic belt sander, and hand files by building a simple file guide for the bevels. If you have any specific questions shoot me a pm and I will be happy to answer best I can or at least what has worked for me.
All of the face profiles look super clean. Awesome work!

Randle

WKR
Cool, I have an AGK and like the blade shape but the steel is good but not great.
That belt knife looks great.

OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
Here is my take on a Nessmuk style knife. Aeb-l with Richlite scales and slate gray G-10 liners. Still have some work to do on cleaning up the spine and polishing the handle.

Attachments

• IMG_2689.jpeg
    IMG_2689.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 34

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
You sir do beautiful work! Im just getting into it myself I hope to somepoint be able to make something even close to yours.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I want the green handled knife in post # 20. Let me know when you are ready to sell and I'll gladly be your first paying customer. (y)

Eddie

OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
I want the green handled knife in post # 20. Let me know when you are ready to sell and I'll gladly be your first paying customer. (y)

Eddie
I still need to make a sheath for it which will probably be kydek and put an edge on it. Will take me a week or so most likely. Damn day job getting in the way! I will shoot you a pm when its done and we can discuss it. Thx.

Phil

OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
You sir do beautiful work! Im just getting into it myself I hope to somepoint be able to make something even close to yours.
Thx. I have messed up my share of blades along the way. Just takes time and dont be afraid to mess a few up. Stick with one steel and master it before moving to higher price steels. As stated before I have a ton to learn still but if you ever have questions shoot me a message and I will try to help if I can.

OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
Couple more in works here all Aeb-l. A bird and trout with linen micarta scales and yellow g-10 liners. Burnt the scales a bit near the pins but this one is staying with me so not that big of a deal. 2nd is another belt knife with Blue canvas micarta and red liners. Not super excited about the scales but they are grippy as hell and look like a worn pair of jeans.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2707.jpeg
    IMG_2707.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
P

Pn8hall

WKR
Another work in progress here for a fellow Rokslider! 1/8” AEB-L @62 RC. Full flat grind with black & orange G-10 handles. 3/16” stainless pins and 1/4” thong hole. Might be my favorite handle to date. Turned out amazing and feels great in the hand. Still have to get a leather sheath made and get it sharpened.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 17
To those interested in getting into knife making and asking about startup prices, I built a list of budget startup tools that I can supply when I am able to send PM's. Its a list with links of the bare minimum tools to get started and make knives entirely at home without sending anything off. Can be done for under $500. Better tools allow for better craftsmanship and easier work, but the idea is that you could upgrade tools as you learn and progress so that your hobby pays for itself after the initial investment.