My knife builds

OP
R

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Thought you guys might enjoy some photos of my latest boner. The steel is 2.5mm NitroV, with a slight hollow grind in the bevel which tapers to about 0.2mm to give it a slicey edge. The handles are camo G10 with G10 orange & white liners and G10 pins.

unnamed-11.jpg

unnamed-7.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-35.jpg

Ninjaman

FNG
Any one in particular? Not sure which you are referring to.
The first elmax-one and the Bark River look alike. I really think they look good and probably cut just as well. But leaving almost stock thickness at the heel makes field sharpening really hard. I apologise if my language sound harsh or is lacking nuance. English is not my primary language and I am just trying to give constructive feedback on already great work!

OP
R

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Okay, I understand what you are referring to now. I guess you prefer a sharpening choil? I do make them that way if requested, but I personally dont think a choil is required. I have no problem sharpening them as they are. I guess its personal opinion on what you prefer.

Ninjaman

FNG
Okay, I understand what you are referring to now. I guess you prefer a sharpening choil? I do make them that way if requested, but I personally dont think a choil is required. I have no problem sharpening them as they are. I guess it's personal opinion on what you prefer.

Yes, like most thing a matter of preferences. But a choil gives more or longer usable edge-line. Nevertheless, nice blades!

OP
R

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Last weekend I exhibited knives at my first knife show in Melbourne, Australia. I had a very hectic week leading up to the show, trying to finish off knives before the start of the show on Saturday morning.

This knife is a modification of a design I have made before. It takes onboard some suggestions from when I had my knives assessed about 8 weeks ago. This version has more drop at the point, and also a slight false edge to taper the point to a sharper point to make the initial cuts a little easier.

The blade is 3mm NitroV with a full flat grind. The handle is ivory G10, with red G10 liners, brass Loveless bolts and a brass lanyard tube.

This photo is from my table at the show on Saturday before the doors opened. It was the first knife I sold, so I never got a chance to take better photos.

Drop-point-hunter.jpg