My first moose/carribou hunt

OP
frank church guy

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
Great adventures. Gotta love Alaska. I know I do. I moved to Fairbanks from western Montana back 91. I've got no interest or desire to leave.
I have been here for a month, and I feel like I am in my thirties starting over! Mid decmber drive and 1400 miles without ever seeing a middle road line or shoulder line on the highway in a tj jeep towing a 5 x 8 cargo trailer.IMG_1166.jpg

Mrshort

FNG
So cool! Thank you for sharing. Awesome photos! I'll be passing this story along to my brother as he and I plan to get up to AK again in 2024.

OP
frank church guy

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
Robinhood. I read all of your blog on your hunt. I was meaning to give you a big thumbs up! Thank you Mr. bartlett. Any compliment from you about hunting in alaska is humbing. Robinhood amzing how you did this dyi. I am a resident now. Anytime you need a hunting buddy up here, you pm me. IMG_8001.jpg

Robinhood. I read all of your blog on your hunt. I was meaning to give you a big thumbs up! Thank you Mr. bartlett. Any compliment from you about hunting in alaska is humbing. Robinhood amzing how you did this dyi. I am a resident now. Anytime you need a hunting buddy up here, you pm me.

Seriously, incredible hunt. To spend that much time up there and to soak it in the way you did is inspiring. I can totally understand why you became a resident. I feel like with certain people, once they get a taste of Alaska it imbeds into their soul. Good luck on your new journey and I appreciate the kind words.

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
Frank Church Guy, just finding this now and thanks for sharing your adventure! It sounds truly awesome, and especially the inside look that you had with the outfitter/guides. That's a pretty great experience and a good friend that you had.

OP
frank church guy

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
Frank Church Guy, just finding this now and thanks for sharing your adventure! It sounds truly awesome, and especially the inside look that you had with the outfitter/guides. That's a pretty great experience and a good friend that you had.
I was very lucky. I was not with a guide or outfitter. I was invited by friends who hunt here and hunt with friends of theirs that live in Alaska. Very , very fortunate. I hope they like me now because i am a resident.

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for taking the time to put this in to words. I am almost scared to go on an AK hunt as I know that I would no longer be satisfied where I live 🙂