My first Bull Elk - Utah

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
I also saw you were an F16 pilot, probably the coolest job in the world!
I was operational in the F-16 from 86-01, and then moved in senior non-flying military positions. I'm not sure, though, with compliments that you can increase our level of self confidence (tongue in cheek). Part of our job description was to think we were the baddest dog in the park, willing to fly, fight and win. Ask any fighter pilot who the best pilot he ever met was, and the answer would be "you're looking at him."

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
Great videos, @f16jack . Is your hunt from 2002 in the Uintas? If so.... Wow it's amazing how much more green there was back then. At least there is compared to where I've been in the Uintas.

Thanks for sharing your videos. I find watching self filmed hunting videos much more enjoyable than over-produced stuff of today.
I was in the Uintas.
The open meadows in the Uintas are there generally because there is a bog. The water prevents the young pines from taking root. Over these last 15 years or so it has been pretty dry up there, and many meadows that I used to hunt are now thin forests with pines about 5' tall. Places I used to sit and have 1000 yard shots left or right are now only 300 yard shots. Can't see through the trees.

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
Awesome man!
Thanks. I hadn't planned on sleeping in my truck the night prior, but it was easy to dress and start hiking towards the bugling elk in the dark. My surprise when I pretty much stepped on a bedded cow and she just relocated about 30 yards away.