My first Bull Elk - Utah

f16jack

WKR
Just uploaded a video of my first bull elk, from some years back. Solo hunting.
You can date the video from my clothing. Heavy Italian wool army pants, wool sweater - all the old heavy gear. Nowadays I've got lightweight high tech - back then was different.
Let me know what you think.

Mag_7s

WKR
That's awesome you started filming hunts back then, alot bigger challenge then vs. now to get a hunt, especially a solo hunt on film.

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
That's awesome you started filming hunts back then, alot bigger challenge then vs. now to get a hunt, especially a solo hunt on film.
I carried a little 8mm on my hip, waterproofed in a plastic bag. I later digitized the tapes. Now when I edit sometimes I need to filter out the camera hum.
I've got a number more to upload. Stay tuned.

Mag_7s

WKR
I hope your Billy is on the featured list as well. Dream hunt of mine.

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
Haha, I mean like featured film list, or up coming soon.
You could start a thread of older hunt films (more than 20 years ago) and reference mine as a starter. You would be creating a feature list and the thread would fill up fast.

Mag_7s

WKR
You could start a thread of older hunt films (more than 20 years ago) and reference mine as a starter. You would be creating a feature list and the thread would fill up fast.
Lol, I'd have nothing to contribute, I only have one short clip a friend took through a spotter on a muley I took.

Mag_7s

WKR
I also saw you were an F16 pilot, probably the coolest job in the world!

Great videos, @f16jack . Is your hunt from 2002 in the Uintas? If so.... Wow it's amazing how much more green there was back then. At least there is compared to where I've been in the Uintas.

Thanks for sharing your videos. I find watching self filmed hunting videos much more enjoyable than over-produced stuff of today.