Muzzlebrakes, Suppressor mounts, and Suppressors on sporter barrels

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I could thread at 9/16 and have a shoulder of about .07. Is that enough to index suppressor off of?

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth.

Spoke with Silencerco today to get their take on running their suppressors on 1/2-28 threads on .30 cals, they said they have no concerns in doing so. The guy I spoke with stated they have a 300win mag threaded 1/2-28 that they use for testing and have no issues.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For what it's worth.

Spoke with Silencerco today to get their take on running their suppressors on 1/2-28 threads on .30 cals, they said they have no concerns in doing so. The guy I spoke with stated they have a 300win mag threaded 1/2-28 that they use for testing and have no issues.
It will work with no problems, the only issue is that the metal gets thinned out and dropping the rifle could kink the barrel if it had enough torque on the silencer. At least that’s what thunder beast said.

I used a silencer on my gun (before I had it sent out) with an adapter and had no issues, lots of guys do it with no problem, you just need to decide what you want on your gun. I didn’t want to use adapters so I just had mine flared out to 5/8x24. No more messing around or worrying.